Looking for 7 inch Tablet, up to $300

gunner12

Sep 12, 2011
Hello all,

I've been looking to buy a 7" tablet for college but am unsure of which one works best at good price ($100-$300, can go up a bit if it's something great). I don't mind tinkering so its fine if I need to work a bit to get the tablet up to stuff.

I'll be using the tablet to take notes, surf the web or play games if class is boring, and skype/google chat.

The Galaxy Tab and HTC Flyer looks nice, but the Nook Color has a better screen and the Flyer is too expensive for what it is. The Iconia A100 looks great but the reviews knock down the screen and the battery life.

Would like:
1024 X 600 screen
Capacitive touch screen
Good processor and graphics (can play 3D games well)
Good battery life (6+ hours)
Bluetooth
MicroSD slot

If possible:
GPS
Cameras

The Nook seems to fit well, but it lacks a mic.

Thank you for your time (1st post!).

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Gunner, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you joined us here. Obviously, I'd vote for the Nook but if the mic is a show stopper I guess that's out.:rolleyes:

gunner12

Sep 12, 2011
I could use a bluetooth headset with the Nook.

I'm also going to use the tablet for remote access and note taking, would a 10" be better for me?

Also, anyone have input on the A100? How's the screen and battery life for day to day use. Reviews don't always reflect real world use.

Edit: OOps, somehow missed the stickies thread about this stuff. Thanks for the reply Spider. Ended up getting an Acer A100

Last edited: