Looking for a tablet

steve95

Sep 29, 2011
Looking for a tablet for a 10 year old. Needs flash support and usb. Leaning towards the Ibex Flytouch 3 but I have a problem ordering from China. Looking to spend around the 200.00 range. Any suggestions would be appreciated

hanabaam

Sep 29, 2011
Well There are many tablets in that range.!Most of the Tablet which are available in that range are OEM brands. Since i myself being a tablet supplier and drop shipper, i would like to highlight 2 positive and negative points that you should consider before buying

Positive
- You can get Flash and other USB support in that price range
- They are worth buying due to many features like Dongler support, USB, LAN Port
- It can fulfill your daily needs like Skype, Surfing, social media, songs GPS, and movies. But don't expect high gaming experience.

Negative
- Menu interface in most of OEM brands are little laggy. But they are ignorable.
- Many Tablet have wifi problem. So confirm this problem before buying.

Here are the pics of 10" Android tab that i recently send to my friend at UK which comes under price range of 200$

$sharing.jpg

Last edited:

donmcdougall

Sep 4, 2011
You know it deends n what you want the tablet for. Mine is for work, so the Transofrmer with the long batery life works for me. If you want for a kid any of the 7 inchers will do. I wanted the most current operating system so 3.21 and a little extra cash. Look at your needs there is more than one right choice.

Androidicus

Sep 4, 2011
When it comes to true Adobe Flash support, video and web-based games, I would avoid the Flytouch tablets because they just do not have the hardware needed for good game/browsing performance.

If you want your kid to have a good experience, you are (most likely) going to have to spend the money on something that has at least a Tegera 2 (Dual Core) and at least, 512MB of RAM (Most T2s ship with 1 GB on the brand name tablets) like the Samsung Galaxy, Xoom, etc... Or a 7" tablet with the same hardware specs.

Last edited:

Androidicus

Sep 4, 2011
I know I'm probably going to become a thorn in a lot of vendors sides in this particular forum :p ...

But I cannot stress enough how Flytouch tablets are not powerful enough for full Flash support (video, games). I own one, so this is first-hand experience.

If users want good performance from games and video, I recommend investing in a tablet that has at least a ducal core processor since this is what Adobe themselves recommend for optimal Flash performance.

tumpy

Dec 15, 2010
Looking for a tablet for a 10 year old. Needs flash support and usb. Leaning towards the Ibex Flytouch 3 but I have a problem ordering from China. Looking to spend around the 200.00 range. Any suggestions would be appreciated
archos brand is a name to consider, never buy a tablet with 256 mb ram. before you spend your money visit J&r website they are located here in nyc you have a wide variety of tablet ranging from $100 - $1000...