Looking for an App that allows me to access my Mac desktop remotely

markw10

Jan 18, 2012
I'm planning on purchasing a Google Nexus 7 shortly and at my home office I use a MacBook Pro. I'll frequently be using this tablet on the go and I plan to keep the files that I'll need to access when on the road on my Nexus 7 or on Google Drive. There may be time I overlook something.
In cases like this I'd like to find an app that will allow me to remotely connect to my Mac. In many cases this would allow me to for example to view Word files and find the information I need.
I don't know if any of them offer this option but it would be nice if there was a way that I could also take a file from my Mac and transfer it to my Android device. Do any apps offer this?
Obviously security is very important with the above. I have used an iPad in the past and know there's an app called iTeleport that does something similar than this for connecting remotely to my Mac.
Thank you for your help.

mPulse

Aug 9, 2012
This, you will need to install something on your Mac side as well (Splashtop Streamer). It's very good considering it's free, but it's not going to be able to do Mission Control (at least I haven't found a way to do it).

wonderscout

May 30, 2012
The App Android VNC viewer works pretty well for most situations.
Sending text (usernames/password, etc) is a little awkward as its done through the menu rather than through a popup keyboard.

You do need a server (or host mode) for the remote connection.

The VNC server is probably already a part of the MAC OS
Setting up the VNC Server in Mac OS X 10.7 aka Lion