Looking for App Advice

pustyak

May 10, 2011
I'm somewhat new to Android, and in the course of searching for apps, I downloaded so many that I'm overwhelmed and have to start over. I'm not sure that any does exactly what I need. I'm looking for the following:

1. A PIM app (calendar, contacts, tasks, etc.) that stores all the data locally and does NOT sync with some site, not even Google. I don't like to put my personal information "in the cloud."

2. A word processor app that allows me to create and edit multiple page documents. It should be more than a simple editor. It also should not sync with google docs or any other sites. I just want to create files which I can later load onto my PC through an SD card or LAN.

3. A simple note taking program for notes on the fly. Again, one that does not sync.

4. A simple image viewer. I don't want one that creates albums, etc or is complicated. It should explore directories with the ability to view images in a directory.

5. A program that can generate plots of data. Fitting the data to a function would be nice. I am not looking for those function plotters for students that are on the Android market. It should plot data, not functions, and if possible, find the best fit curve.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

beastman

May 8, 2011
Qqplayer for watching videos. Great for business trips or flying.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

beastman

May 8, 2011
Documents to go has word, excel, powepoint compatable. It is f$15. Evermore if all you want is a simple editor.

pustyak

May 10, 2011
Documents to go has word, excel, powepoint compatable. It is f$15. Evermore if all you want is a simple editor.

Could you mean Evernote?

Do you have experience with Documents to Go? I remember using it way back when on a PDA, and I remember that it wasn't much. But that was then. I'm guessing it got a lot better over the years. I want to get a bluetooth keyboard to use, and would actually like to do some serious writing.

Last edited: