Looking for Bootable CWR Image link

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
Can someone point me to an image for a bootable CWR sd card image. I will be replacing my Nook and want to go straight to installing Phiremod Beta 2 on the repacement. I also want to be able to restore my backup of Phiremod I made from CWR 3.0.0.5 too if that matters. So a bootable CWR with 3.0.0.5 is fine. Or if the 3.0.10 works then that will be fine too.

Thanks

Bob Silver

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
Does it matter which size .gz file one d/ls as long as it isn't bigger than the sdcard? That is, if I have a 4GB sdcard, is there a benefit to d/ling the 4GB file rather than the 2GB or 1GB?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
no jinni...just remember that it is going to partition that card to whatever size you chose...

so if you dl the 1gb file and burn it, your 4gb card gets partitioned to 1gb

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
Does the partion size matter in the long run though? I'm continuing my tour of Roms and I'd like to try the HC emmc build. After I get HC loaded up, I just format my SD with my desktop back to 8gb to use for storing apps, movies, etc. right?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Partition size won't matter in the long run except you lose access to the remaining portion of your card. You might as well use the correct size for your card so you can have as much extra room on the card as possible.

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
Right, but if you're doing an emmc rom, then you can just format the card after the rom is loaded into internal memory right? So the size you start with doesn't matter... or am I missing something.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Right, but if you're doing an emmc rom, then you can just format the card after the rom is loaded into internal memory right? So the size you start with doesn't matter... or am I missing something.

It depends, some ROMs you cannot format the card with so you have to go back to the PC which is an extra step. Also some people like to make a dedicated boot card and save the different ROMs on there so they can jump back and forth. If you have more space you can save more ROMs.

Ultimately, yes you could reformat and get the use of the card back but the question is do you want to?

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
I think we are agreeing with eachother :). I did mention reformatting the card with my desktop.

I only have one SD card at the moment, so I keep reformatting it after I load whatever rom I want to play with so that I have plenty of storage space. Having multiple cards, one for each rom, sounds like a great way to go though....

Thanks for confirming :)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yep, I agree we are agreeing ;) There is no advantage to picking one size over the other if you are going to reformat.

You don't even need one card for each ROM. All you need is to have the latest CWR to support ext3 and ext4 and then you can put all of the ROM zips on there. Make sure you follow proper flashing procedures for switching between builds and there you go. :D