Looking to be apart of the Android Tab community, but need help choosing first Tablet

May 17, 2012
Hey there,

My name is Paxton, and I've been really wanting to get into the Android scene for awhile now. I can't afford to get a smartphone or anything that requires me to pay a lot of money every month, so I figured I should just go for a Wi-Fi tablet. The only problem is, I cannot really decide what to get. I can't afford getting anything over $400. The size of the tablet does not really matter to me. I just want to experience Android and Google Play and all that jazz on a tablet. I've been looking at quite a few different models, but I figured it would be best to take some input from people who actually know about these things.

Any advice you can offer is much appreciated, and if you have any questions feel free to ask me.
Thanks in advance.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 4, 2010
Hello and welcome!

There are alot of good tablets out there - I have experience with the Xoom (which I think you can get around $250 to $300) or the Galaxy Tab 2 7.7 which is around $250 with ICS...I know there are several less than that as well...good luck on your decision...

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Paxton, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so more folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions as to what would be the best tablet for you. Good luck!

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hey there,

My name is Paxton, and I've been really wanting to get into the Android scene for awhile now. I can't afford to get a smartphone or anything that requires me to pay a lot of money every month, so I figured I should just go for a Wi-Fi tablet. The only problem is, I cannot really decide what to get. I can't afford getting anything over $400. The size of the tablet does not really matter to me. I just want to experience Android and Google Play and all that jazz on a tablet. I've been looking at quite a few different models, but I figured it would be best to take some input from people who actually know about these things.

Any advice you can offer is much appreciated, and if you have any questions feel free to ask me.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Paxton, welcome to the forum, for tablet buying, you can have a look at our Android Tablet PC, and i'd recommend the Ainol novo 7 Aurora for you, it's a great 7 inch tablet PC with IPS screen, asndroid 4.0 ICS...hope you'll find what you want finally! Good luck! :)