Looking to buy a galaxy tab 10.1 and i have questions...

jeme223

Aug 7, 2011
I am thinking about buying a galaxy tab 10.1, but after browsing around multiple forums i see a good amount of people saying that it froze on them and they cant fix it, or that its shut off and wont turn on and stuff like that... well the fact is i love the way the android tablets work.... more customization and stuff and i would like a tablet for school so i am looking at the best i can get for 500 or less and, to me the tab 10.1 is jut that (correct me if i am wrong). Now, if it is just gonna freeze up or break on me, then i will get something else, and knowing that an ipad will work right, i may be forced to get that if i cant buy a good droid tablet with 100% confidence that it will last me through college and my last year of high school. now, I know that the tab 10.1 is relatively new and that with new products comes glitches (remember when vista first came out?), but my question is, are all of the problems i hear about just user error or are they temporary glitches that samsung will be fixing with future updates, therefore nothing to worry about... anyways, if you guys can think of a better android tablet, please tell me... basically, if you have the tab 10.1 or know tons about it, then please give me your review of it! also, i plan on getting the wifi only version of whatever tablet i get...

also, keep in mind the other tablets that i am looking at are this: tab 10.1, Xoom, asus eee reader, ipad 2 (bleh, i like android... but if it works, itll due). (from what i understand, the Asus tablet isnt as good as the xoom or tab 10.1 (once again, correct me if i am wrong)

summary of that wall of text: Will the galaxy tab 10.1 work without any issues? and if there are any issues, will samsung be coming out with updates to fix said issues and make this tablet run just as good as the ipad seems to?

Last edited:

Jsmphoto

Jul 10, 2011
My In-laws have 2 of the 10.1 tabs and they work flawlessly. Very impressive piece of hardware. I own a 7 inch galaxy tab myself and love it too!

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Android Tablet Forum

storsven

Aug 14, 2011
Don't forget to check the Toshiba Thrive out. Not quite as slick looking as the Galaxy, but with serious ports and connectivity, and it reads SD-cards and even USB sticks. If you mean to keep the tablet for a few years I think the Thrive is probably the leading edge contender for the time. I have had one for a couple of weeks now and love it. I'm a poweruser of my android phone and all kinds of windows PC's and I am very happy with the Thrive. Toshibas in general have always served me well over the years too. The issues you may see about it having problems when it goes to sleep were fixed with a software upgrade a couple of weeks ago.