Love my new A510 but does anyone have a fix for the app to sd problem???

psandcy

Apr 1, 2012
The app to SD programs don't work on this tablet.. They give a "SD card is emulated" error message and there's no "move to SD card" feature button .. I contacted the app makers and they say it's a problem w/ "Acers" hardware and not an ICS 4 problem.. Does any know a work around or way to move my apps to my sd card.. Not that the 32 GB hard drive will fill up anytime soon but I would still like the extra space...

Raiderspy1

Apr 29, 2012
go to android market and purchase Mybackup pro, but not sure if will work with the tablet.

if not, connect to your computer and mount using mass storage. Go to my computer on your pc and see where it showed up, copy the entire drive and create a folder on desktop and paste into it. Hope this helps.

psandcy

Apr 1, 2012
Thanks, but I'm not trying to backup my apps but I am trying to move the majority of my apps to the SD card and still have access to them.. This allows the internal memory to have 2-3 times the available memory and I am able to have all of the apps I still want on my tablet..Only a few apps with widgets or that are system type apps are unable to be moved to your SD card...

bobsjt

Apr 27, 2012
The app to SD programs don't work on this tablet.. They give a "SD card is emulated" error message and there's no "move to SD card" feature button .. I contacted the app makers and they say it's a problem w/ "Acers" hardware and not an ICS 4 problem.. Does any know a work around or way to move my apps to my sd card.. Not that the 32 GB hard drive will fill up anytime soon but I would still like the extra space...

It's not a problem with Acer's harware or ICS 4.0. It's the way the operating system has been since at least 3.2. Moving apps to the external drive slowed down the system operation, so the designers decided to do a rewrite. I don't believe it will ever go back to the way it was. I have both an Acer and a Samsung and they both perform the same in that regard. You might be able to root it and get a rom that will allow it. You can, however, store your music and ebooks on the external SD.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Yeah it is strange, now on my HTC phone running 4.0.3 moving apps to sd is supported. My Transformer does not support it running ICS, and it didn't support it with honeycomb either.