Low On Space

Charly

Feb 26, 2011
Hi. I'm a newbie. I followed the instructions and everything went great (thank you / props to everyone involved)!! I read everything and watched the video before even thinking about doing this (just in case I ran into any problems etc). It all went easily (the first one was for my husband; I liked it so much and so much easier to do than the pandigital...anyway, he went and got me one the next day and I did mine last night).

Here's my issue:

LOW ON SPACE

He doesn't have this issue. We both have the 8gig microSDCard. Everything was installed exactly the same way. Of course we have different apps; however, I find it hard to believe I'm almost maxed out.

I even deleted a couple of apps I installed and that didn't seem to help. When I check my settings thought both for the device and the card it seems that I have plenty of room (or so it says).

Will this issue be resolved if I get a 16gig microSDCard? If I do that, will I need to copy everything over to the new microSDCard (thinking that is a duh moment question and it will be YES *lol*)

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Not exactly sure what you are saying. You mean your sdcard is getting full or the main memory? You may have a bunch of useless cache items on your sdcard and there is a limit on the number of apps you can install with the 256mb main memory. Android Assistant is good for managing both cache and freeing main memory. You can also copy backups over to your home computer and delete them from your sdcard.
Also, if you are installing apps from the sdcard you can delete the apk file from the card after you install.

Last edited:

Charly

Feb 26, 2011
Thank you so much Popeye1128! [I see thanks under your name but it's not allowing me]

I am sure it's the system memory. I have Android Assistant and will try to work with that to see if it helps. I have probably maxed out the number of apps on here - I need to go in and see what works and what doesn't *lol*

Really appreciate your help!