Low phone memory on Telstra ideos s7-104

ss_izal

Oct 30, 2011
hi guys,i just got my ideos telstra s7-104 under 2.2.2 version out of the box.it have phone memory of 160mb+ only and currently running low on it. check on this forum everybody said that it have 8gb memory but not for me. what is wrong with it? i'm still new to android btw. read here and there but still can't grasp any. help appreciated. tq

cansat

Apr 23, 2011
Rom system: 262 MB
Interna: 167 MB -->Where they install the applications,
SD int: 8,09 GB --> Information With App2SD or link2SD, it moves here applications
SD ext: xx GB
Saludos

ss_izal

Oct 30, 2011
i downloaded the app2sd from market and it didnt stated the internal storage of 8gb, or am i missing something. not root yet as i still learning what it is though

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
They are version with no internal memory. If is brand new why don't you ask your provider?...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

JeniSkunk

Oct 31, 2011
hi guys,i just got my ideos telstra s7-104 under 2.2.2 version out of the box.it have phone memory of 160mb+ only and currently running low on it. check on this forum everybody said that it have 8gb memory but not for me. what is wrong with it? i'm still new to android btw. read here and there but still can't grasp any. help appreciated. tq
Tel$tra decided to shortchange Aussie owners by using the cutdown S7-104 for rebadging as the Telstra T-Touch Tab.
It does not have the extra internal storage that IDs as SDCard2, and it has the reduced amount of main memory available for user storage. Some of the wasted user storage can be reclaimed by nuking the useless demoware that ships as part of the Huawei stock ROM.
Problem is that about 10Mb is wasted by an app you can't readily pull from the system, the Telstra One app. I have no idea if you recover any user space if you do pull that bloatware from the system
And then there's those utterly abysmal Emotion widgets... More 'system' apps that are a waste of space.

Jenifur Charne

ss_izal

Oct 30, 2011
yeah noticed that. now i kinnda know that mine didnt have any 8gb internal memory.

[Lounge] Huawei Ideos S7, Ignite the Fun! - Kaskus - The Largest Indonesian Community

Variance Huawei Ideos s7:

S7-101 (Austria): resistive, 768 Mhz clocked, 512 MB RAM, internal sdcard 8GB, single camera
S7-101 (Belarusia): resistive, 768 Mhz clocked, 512 MB RAM, internal sdcard 4GB, single camera
S7-103 (Indo): resistive, 1GHz clocked, 512MB RAM, internal sdcard 8GB, dual camera
S7-103 (?): resistive, 768 Mhz clocked, no internal sdcard, dual camera
S7-104 (Aust): resistive, 768 Mhz clocked, no internal sdcard, dual camera
S7-104 (US) : resistive, 1GHz clocked, 256 MB RAM, internal sdcard 8GB, dual camera
S7-105 (Phil, Indo, US, Neth) : capacitive, 1Ghz clocked, 512MB RAM, internal sdcard 8GB, dual camera
S7-105 (Spain) : capacitive, 1Ghz clocked, 512MB RAM, internal sdcard 4GB, dual camera

now how can i install apps directly to sd, without the prob of low internal memory, have already root with SOC, i've notice move to sd features inside, but the moveable apps, i see that it still have trace amount of mb left in phone? am i correct on this one?

cansat

Apr 23, 2011
Orange tablet S7-105 (Spain) : capacitive, 1Ghz clocked, 512MB RAM, internal sdcard 8GB, dual camera

JFer

Dec 19, 2010
S7-104 (US) : resistive, 768Mhz clocked (1Ghz overclocked), 512 MB RAM, internal sdcard 8GB, dual camera

ss_izal

Oct 30, 2011
Since i didnt have any internal memory, does the link2sd available for me? I can partition my 16gb sd card. Then all app can be transfered t it.will free my phone memory hopefully

Cocobean

May 5, 2011
Hey install link to sd or apps2sd follow instructions and you should have no problems buddy.

I have telstra 104 no 8gb internal.
170+ apps installed on external sd and have 90mb left in my internal memory.

You need froyo (2.2)
And rooted.

Seems you have everything you need.
Good luck bro. Have fun with your S7.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

ss_izal

Oct 30, 2011
Ive rooting it using SOC and i noticed superuser apps installed. I think mine rooted already. Is it correct this way?

vexx

Sep 19, 2011
I have problem with my S7. I used link2sd to transfer programs, games etc. to sd card, but even with that, phone memory is low. I deleted downloaded files. Where to look for more files to delete them?

P.S. What is Huawei IME?