Low Sound Issue Impression I10

imadtchmn

Jan 13, 2012
I have the Impression i10 and am having low volume issue with both the speakers and using headphones. I tried my test video with my laptop and it works fine, however, even with the volume on the flash player turned all the way up and the tablet volume all the way up, I still can hardly hear it.

Is there any software adjustment I can do to crank this this up a bit. I am not afraid to work on the backend of this tablet and have been around linux systems for quite a few years. Just need to know where to begin looking. I am assuming this will be a sound software setting that is too low, but that is IMO. Any assistance would be grateful.

imadtchmn

Jan 13, 2012
Just got back a response from Leader International on the sound issue.

"Dear Customer,

Please do a Factory Data Reset- this reset will erase everything off the unit. To do a Factory Data Reset please turn off the unit
Next, hold down the power button and camera button down together for 5-10 seconds.
A blue or red screen should appear.
Then turn the unit back up

Doing the Factory Data Reset will erase the preloaded icon on the tablet.
To recover the apps, connect to Wi-Fi and go to our website http://www.leaderinternationalinc.com/ and go to the "Support" tab and select "Downloads".
For product select "All"
For type select "Back up apps"
Download the first 6 that are listed."

Will be trying this when I get home and will let you know the results.

imadtchmn

Jan 13, 2012
Just to let you all know, doing the factory reset did fix the sound issue. I now can hear and have to actually turn down the sound. Make sure to backup any programs you have. The factory reset did not mess with any programs I had on my sd, but did erase the ones on the tablet itself. Hope this helps out someone.

bnaivar

Nov 16, 2011
Just to let you all know, doing the factory reset did fix the sound issue. I now can hear and have to actually turn down the sound. Make sure to backup any programs you have. The factory reset did not mess with any programs I had on my sd, but did erase the ones on the tablet itself. Hope this helps out someone.

*WARNING* I did this and it trashed my tablet. It went to acalibration screen and wouldn't go any further. I called Tech support and they said all I could do was send it in for repairs. :mad: