LTE (T-Mobile) on 2013 Nexus 7

Natey2

May 25, 2012
2013 Nexus 7 32GB WiFi-only costs $269. With LTE option, it is $349.
Can I buy the latter, plug in my current Samsung Galaxy S4 T-Mobile Isis SIM card (unlimited data plan), and expect to use LTE on the N7 with no additional data charges from T-Mobile?

Natey2

May 25, 2012
T-Mobile forum postings indicate No. A cellphone mobile data plan is different from a tablet mobile data plan at T-Mobile, so I can't move my unlimited 4G/LTE SIM card from my Galaxy S4 to a 2013 32GB Nexus 7 with LTE and get to use my existing data plan on the Tablet :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Music

Feb 5, 2011
What about using a 3G USB dongle with your Nexus 7? Maybe you could just transfer the service to a dongle device?

Natey2

May 25, 2012
What about using a 3G USB dongle with your Nexus 7? Maybe you could just transfer the service to a dongle device?

T-Mobile said their cellphone data plan SIM card will only work in another cellphone. I'd really prefer 4G/LTE, and I'd prefer not to have to pay for another data plan for the tablet.
These wireless carriers find some way or another to get ya for another couple of bucks every month.

I don't have a 2013 Nexus 7 with LTE yet. If I can't share the S4 SIM card, I might end up just using WiFi on the Nexus 7, with my Galaxy S4 as the HotSpot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Music

Feb 5, 2011
It really makes you wonder how much your cell phone calls really cost; probably $2 or $3 a month, I'd say, with hundreds of millions of users paying into the system. They even have multiple phone companies using the same equipment/towers! You'd think that after this long (decades) they would be scaling the charges back to reflect how stable the equipment is, and simple it is to run a wireless phone company.