Lyric App with Auto-Scroll for LIVE Musicians

dshipp78

Oct 28, 2011
Hey guys. I'm a live musician in my area (I play guitar and sing, do some live looping, etc.) One of the main reasons I bought my XOOM was for lyric solutions. I've searched far and wide and, so far, to no avail. I NEED an app that will allow me to copy and paste text from the internet (i.e. music lyrics) and also provide me with an acceptable auto-scroll function with at least 4 or 5 speeds. This is IMPERATIVE as my hands are quite otherwise occupied during a live set. A lyric database isn't necessary, just a text app with auto-scroll. I do have and highly recommend, by the way, the GuitarTapp app and I love it. It has all the features I mentioned before, but it focuses on tablature rather than lyrics. Can anyone help? I know I CAN'T be the ONLY musician out there who's clammering for this, seemingly simple to design, app. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

rnshagam

Dec 6, 2011
Sounds like you want a (ugh) Karioke App. A quick google brought up possibly a few possibilities, but I didn't look further. Obviously, you want to sing AND play, not pretend to sing while some band-in-a-box plays ;-)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Maybe not so simple. If I understand what you're after, you want something to turn the pages of your music automatically. Wouldn't that app or whatever have to change speeds when slower and faster parts of a song came up? Otherwise it could be a page ahead or behind you.

midiot

Dec 10, 2011
if you're using MIDI files, seems like you could use MIDI to trigger/pace your text scrolling

coolzero

Dec 12, 2011
Go to the Andriod app store and search Guitar Tapp ITS FREE !! I use it too - you can set up set lists and save them to your favorites and it has an adjustable auto scroll - its a tab downloaded and it transposes keys !! Its a God send and the only one I've been able to find and I've wasted plenty of 99 cent downloads till I found it !! It can find just about any song too and you can edit the tab to take out the chords and just have the lyrics if you want.

Enjoy
Eddie:cool:

Last edited:

gomer

May 31, 2012
The app has been goobered up.

It is now free ONLY in a trail version, and, in the pay version, the scroll is very cumbersome

albazo

Sep 11, 2012
Hi there, a few weeks ago a colleague of mine, giging musican at night, searched for a easy to use app that would replace his song book. Well, i thought it would be a nice think to code an started to develope something that would fits his needs. You can try the resulting beta here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.bazo.stagepad.

To keep it simple an clean this app works together with a website stage-pad.com. Register for free, type your lyrics in an sync with your tablet. After that you have offline access to all your lyrics. You can arrange them into setlists and well, start autoscrolling an rock the stage ;) For each song you can adjust the scrolling speed seperatly.

I put the app into the android market for free as a beta version. Would be nice if you may try it out. Maybe it fitts your needs, too! Any ideas are welcome (There is a feedback form on the webpage)