M532 currently sold in US is not the same.

paker

Apr 26, 2013
Just for your information,
I bought one in April 2013. Price was $279 at newegg. Even lower price is available now, currently one of the best buys by all means. But you may want to know this before buying one. Those that are sold in US don't have a SIM slot. Also, according to Fujitsu website, the dock has charging, USB and HDMI. I don't have a dock but one thing I am certain. No way it can have both usb and hdmi.

Wall charger connects to the charging/docking port. It is the common 30 pin connector. Same as Apple, Samsung, Asus, even my old Sansa Fuze mp3 player, just wired differently. Of 30 positions, only 6 are populated. Pins 1-2 are ground, 15-16 are +19V, used for charging. Onply pins 29 and 30 are available. NO way both usb and hdmi on just 2 pins. I would not consider a dock.

My previpous tablet was Archos. Big jump in quality. Everything works and fast. A good tablet if sim or hdmi is not a must.

BretthauerT

May 19, 2012
Hi paker,

I have an M532, cradle and a docking connector.
And I can confirm that the cradle has an HDMI and two USB ports. It works perfectly with my keyboard/mouse and printer an my TV is permanently connected to the HDMI.
For presentations at my students I am using the dongle with HDMI connected to my presenter.
The M532 is really great and it so good it has 3G in germany :)
My family is pushing for a second device, they think that one is not enough.

I found the following link showing the cradle:
Cradle STYLISTIC M532 - Fujitsu Technology Solutions

Regards

paker

Apr 26, 2013
You must have the true M532 as described in the Fujitsu site. You have the envy of this US buyer.
I am just curious. Next time you use it, please kindly check the charging port. Mine has only 6 pins. Thanks.

BretthauerT

May 19, 2012
At my M532 it is a 30 pin connector. Strange that you only have 6 pins...
I think it would be difficult to use USB, HDMI, Audio and charging with only 6 pins.

paker

Apr 26, 2013
At my M532 it is a 30 pin connector. Strange that you only have 6 pins...
I think it would be difficult to use USB, HDMI, Audio and charging with only 6 pins.

My bad. You are right. The 6 pins are longer than the rest and sit right at the edge of the connector. I completely missed the rest of the pins recessed 2 - 3 mm from the 6 pins. I suppose the long ones are power and grounding pins.

paker

Apr 26, 2013
Home made charger

I needed an extra charger (or ac adapter). Amazon sells one for $80. No other US seller. I opened an OEM Sansa Fuze 30-pin connector and rewired them, and connected to an unused laptop AC adapter. Holding the tablet right side up, counting from left end, pins 1/2 minus, pins 15/16 plus. Didn't cost me a dime.

BretthauerT

May 19, 2012
Home made charger

I needed an extra charger (or ac adapter). Amazon sells one for $80. No other US seller. I opened an OEM Sansa Fuze 30-pin connector and rewired them, and connected to an unused laptop AC adapter. Holding the tablet right side up, counting from left end, pins 1/2 minus, pins 15/16 plus. Didn't cost me a dime.

Great! This is good to know.
Thanks.

paker

Apr 26, 2013
Also made a car charger. Again, the connector salvaged from an old Sansa Fuze OEM cable , connected to a cigarette lighter plug.

Bill Paterson

Aug 9, 2014
Hi folks, newbie to forum, I have gone crazy and bought the docking station, can also confirm HDMI etc. available. Bought in Ireland and having fun with Fujitsu Ireland who tell me standard sim fits sim slot.. Not my experience, slot too big, sim rattles around, any thoughts anyone??