Magazine Format

rcarnley

Jan 18, 2011
I'm having an issue when using my Pandigital Novel to load and read magazines. When I open the magazine all the pages are not available. It looks like all ad pages and pages with pictures do not appear. When I load the same magazine to the Nook app on my iphone I do get all the pages plus the ability to switch to "Article View" which seems to match what I see on the Pandigital Novel. Why can I not get the Page View on the Pandigital Novel?

rcarnley

Jan 18, 2011
I'm having an issue when using my Pandigital Novel to load and read magazines. When I open the magazine all the pages are not available. It looks like all ad pages and pages with pictures do not appear. When I load the same magazine to the Nook app on my iphone I do get all the pages plus the ability to switch to "Article View" which seems to match what I see on the Pandigital Novel. Why can I not get the Page View on the Pandigital Novel?

While looking for answers I found a thread which talked about a firmware upgrade for the Black Pandigital Novel which brings you up to Android 2.1. I applied this update and then was able to add the NOOK app which requires 2.1. Now the magazines display correctly. On the down side however, the resolution on the Novel is not great so some pages are hard to read. However, the app lets you swith to Article View just like the iPhone app for reading articles. I can also fall back the the B&N app.