MAJOR GPS SOURCE FIX FOUND ,its the SD!

robitron929

May 3, 2011
First let me say that I found this on accident, if you haven't read my other post "GPS SOLUTION FOUND" read it after this, but THIS BY FAR IS THE LARGEST STRIDE IN A GPS FIX FOR THE ACER TABLET.

MAPS STILL SEARCHING FOR SIGNAL, SOLVED, AND THE FIX IS STILL NOMADIC, SO REPEAT THIS EVERY TIME YOU WANT TO USE MAPS, THE SPEED IS WORTH UNTIL WE CAN FIND A WAY AROUND THIS

Instructions:
Required: file manager

1. Open file manager
2. Open "sdcard" folder
3. Open "Android" folder
4. Open "Data" folder
5. Delete "com.google.android.apps.maps"
6. start Navigation.
7. Not seeing best results, read below instructions

GPS SOLUTION FOUND, READ ABOVE BEFORE THIS***

For best results use both methods together. After using both on my ICONIA average GPS lock time under 60 seconds

Method 1.
NOT ROOTED
To clear GPS cache THIS ALWAYS HELPS<<<<<<<!!!!!!!!!

Instructions:

1. Download and install GPS Status & Toolbox from android market

2. Open the GPS Status & Toolbox

3. Press Menu -> Tools

4. Tap on Manage A-GPS state

5. Tap Reset

6. Tap Download

7. Enjoy faster GPS locking

Method 2.
ROOTED***
BUSYBOX REQUIRED

Required:
Root access
Fasterfix app from market
read all of this post so you don't screw yourself.

Instructions:

To speed up google maps nav: Install "Fasterfix" app from market, open app, accept super user permissions, pick region (!!!never change this) then test via google maps navigation. Should speed it up $hit load, just as fast as my incredible when it was new. Hope this helps
Honestly until android comes up with a fix for the maps app I'm going to use WASE GPS found in market you MIGHT get a search for SIGNAL, BUT MUCH FASTER GPS.

FYI!!!!!!!! DONT REPICK REGION IN FASTERFIX APPLICATION!!!!! or you will have to do this:

It appears I was having some issues cingularly in the davlik cache because I changed my region in fasterfix because I figured what the fnck, and that screwed up my speed so when you pick your region stick with it or you will slow the crap out of navigation plus to fix it you will have unistall fasterfix, delete" data@[email protected]@classes.dex[/email]" under davik-cache, reinstall pick region, test via navigation.

Info:

Sorry about last post: you will only need to open Fasterfix app once.
Misc:
It appears that fastfix is server based location finder, what ever that means

Last edited: