Making LauncherPro the default?

thymox

Jan 15, 2011
Just installed LauncherPro (free edition for the time being) on my rooted 10" Android 2.1 tablet and I can't seem to make it the default home app. I've installed Home Switcher and I have set LauncherPro as the default but my tablet still boots up into WowHome.

How can I make LauncherPro the default? It is awesome and so much more responsive than WowHome... I can actually show off my tablet without feeling embarrassed about the interface.

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers.
Grant. :)

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
Weird, Home Switcher made ADW Launcher my default and I've had no problems whatsoever.

That being said, Is Wowhome another home replacement? Can you uninstall it?

And to doublecheck, did you install Home Switcher for Froyo? There is a specific version of Home Switcher that works well with Froyo.

thymox

Jan 15, 2011
HomeSwitcher is reporting LauncherPro as being the default though, but it doesn't run on startup. And I didn't install the FroYo version as I'm only running 2.1 and not 2.2. :(

I don't want to uninstall WowHome yet... I don't want to be stuck without a homescreen app running on startup - at least I know Wowhome runs on startup.

Sent from my Android tablet using the AndroidTablets.net app.

Forgot to mention - Wowhome is the default on tablets that come with Wowpad. Technifally, yes I suppose it is another home replacement in so much as it replaces the default Android home, but it is the default ob Wowpad running tablets.

thymox

Jan 15, 2011
Just tried removing WowHome using HomeManager... no joy. Just gonna try removing it through the application management tool in settings. Wish me luck.

thymox

Jan 15, 2011
Unfortunately there is no option to uninstall Wowhome.

Anyone got any ideas?

thymox

Jan 15, 2011
OK, got it sorted. Used the advice from this thread.

Now I have Launcher Pro running as the default on startup and when I press the Home button. I'm happy now. :)