Manufacturing a new Android Tablet - Where to employ people for ROM's/firmware?

krzysiekz

Jun 15, 2012
Hello everyone,

If I were to have an new brand Android tablet manufactured by a reputable manufacturer in China, where would I need to look to find developers to help support the new tablet?

I see a lot of Chinese based tablets with what looks to be attractive specs, with attractive prices - but many do not seem to be supported well / often, etc. If I go ahead with my plans, I would like to ensure I had a team behind me that could tackle user problems and release firmware updates or software updates, etc as needed.

Essentially, I want to create a new tablet that not only is affordable, functional but also has software support so that the average user is not left stranded. I know tech savvy people will go online and flash ROM's on their own, but I would like to provide this for all customers on an official basis, rather than them looking around online for 'hack jobs', if that makes sense.

So in anyone able to help in that regard?

Additionally, do you know what is involved in getting official Google approval for access to Google Play? I know that the device must meet their requirements, but otherwise - anything I should be mindful of?

Do you guys have any other comments to make about my journey that I may have omitted?

I realise that I have a lot to learn, but with the experience behind this forum I hope to find out the things I need to know. I trust I have posted this in a somewhat relevant section of the forum.

All replies are welcome. Finally, I want to thank you for taking the time to read through this (whether you contribute, or not).

Kind Regards,
Krzysiek