MANY problems with 5 month old Lenovo Idea Tab A2109

lolly67

May 7, 2013
Hey there everyone,

LOVED my tablet when I first got it for Christmas...now I am so disgusted with it that I am almost about to give it away. When I am on the internet accessing a site and need to fill in infomation, I tap the box and most of the time the keyboard won't come up. Then if I need to choose an option, either anything I tap does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, or it pulls up some other option.

Also, my tablet is constantly locking up on me.

For the price and my needs, this at first seemed like the perfect Christmas gift I had ever received. Now, it is nothing but a pain. NO support, the warranty--I find out now--is not worth a thing. What a waste of money.

Maybe since I am always on the move and have been using it constantly for the last 5 months for almost everything, that's all the life there is in one of these.

I would LOVE to be able to use it...but the frustration is just becoming too much.

Can anyone help?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hey there everyone,

LOVED my tablet when I first got it for Christmas...now I am so disgusted with it that I am almost about to give it away. When I am on the internet accessing a site and need to fill in infomation, I tap the box and most of the time the keyboard won't come up. Then if I need to choose an option, either anything I tap does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, or it pulls up some other option.

For the price and my needs, this at first seemed like the perfect Christmas gift I had ever received. Now, it is nothing but a pain. NO support, the warranty--I find out now--is not worth a thing. What a waste of money.

Maybe since I am always on the move and have been using it constantly for the last 5 months for almost everything, that's all the life there is in one of these.

I would LOVE to be able to use it...but the frustration is just becoming too much.

Can anyone help?

Why do you think the Lenovo's warranty is no good? I did buy a 2 year square trade warranty for mine, as far as factory warranty, I just sent my tablet in for warranty repair was told 7 to 10 day turn around, not bad if this is the case. I am not using my square trade warranty as Lenovo should fix or replace the tablet within warranty period for any manufacturer defect or covered warranty problem. I bought square trade just incase I broke the screen, drove over the tablet with a car, or let my grandson play with it.

Coby has had one of my tablets since march 7 and still haven't figured anything out yet, they could be stalling cause of who I am, don't know for sure. but 7 to 10 days verse two months seems like a better deal to me, wont know for sure until Lenovo sends back either a replacement or fixes the one I sent them.

Have you tried to send your tablet in for repairs? Have you called Lenovo? I ask cause I want to know how you came to the conclusion Lenovo's warranty was no good?

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I sent my tablet in on Monday for repairs just got below email from lenovo today, so far I am pleased and impressed with their warranty.

Dear xxxxcc:

Thank you for choosing a Lenovo Ideapad Personal Computer. We are pleased to inform you that your system has been received at the Lenovo Warranty Repair Depot and will be treated with the utmost care. Once your system has been repaired, cleaned, and thoroughly tested, we will send you another email with a tracking number and web address so you can track the return shipment. If you have any questions regarding the repair of your system, please feel free to call our Lenovo Warranty Support Contact Center at 1-877-4-LENOVO (1-877-453-6686)

Sincerely,

Lenovo Warranty Support and Service Team

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Just got below reply today.

Dear xxxxxcc:

Thank you for choosing a Lenovo Ideapad Personal Computer. We are pleased to inform you that your system has been successfully repaired and is on its way back to you via FEDEX. You can track the status of this shipment by visiting xxxxxcccc and searching on the following tracking number: xxxxxxxxxxcc

If you have any questions regarding the repair or shipment of your system, please feel free to call our Lenovo Warranty Support Contact Center at 1-877-4-LENOVO (1-877-453-6686).

Sincerely,

Lenovo Warranty Support and Service Team

PS just as test to see what Lenovo would do, I never reverted to stock, the tablet was unlocked rooted,
running my custom kernel, cw recovery an the OS was CM10 4.2.2

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I got my tablet back today, all fixed and working well. Lenovo warranty support is topnotch, I have never seen any company as fast or as understanding as Lenovo, this is the best company I have ever even heard of, 1 day repair.

PS, they even fixed my screen protector, it was coming off on oneside and had bubbles, they resealed it with no bubbles, looks better now then when I sent it to them.

Last edited:

anika200

Dec 2, 2012
Hey there everyone,

Can anyone help?

Backup your data and try a factory reset, see if that helps.

jbm313

Jun 12, 2013
Your tablet is still under warranty just call lenovo 1-855-253-6686 or 866-968-4465 have your serial number ready they will ask it is in very small print on the back in the middle of a group of #,s always address the rep as warranty issue they should direct you to ship it to their repair facility a few weeks and you should have a new running system I got mine for my wife while she was going through Chemotherapy last year works great I also have a 7" A2107 both work great and we use them always I am trying to find a new charging port dock for my a2109a wy wife dropped and cracked the connector it is a easy fix just need to find part

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
A couple months back I called in to Support for a power problem I thought I was having.
The Tech sit on the phone with me through two factory resets trying to figure it out, Then she offered me to send it in for repairs.
Just as we were preparing to do this we finally figured out it was a program I had that was causing the problem
I suggested letting me use it a couple of days to see if it continued to have problems, It didn't so I didn't have to send it back in.
But I got a phone call a couple days later from the same Tech asking if it was fixed.
To me this is Top Notch CS.
Like others I'd like to know why anyone would call Lenovo CS and Warranty Crap?