Market Analyst Suggests Android Tablet Makers Should Follow Amazon's Example

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Kindle-Fire-home-3.jpg

Richard Windsor, technology securities analyst at Nomura International, recently made the bold assertion that the various Android Tablet makers should follow Amazon's lead by lowering their prices on tablets and offering Amazon content, or they should get out of the market. Windsor suggested that the other tablet makers refusing to lower their prices are "living in denial." He further added, "The main effect of the potential sea change triggered by Amazon could be a change in roadmap to cheaper products or possible tie-ups with Amazon. With the advent of the Amazon Kindle Fire, many of the other tablet makers are in a bit of a quandary as they are left with expensive tablets without a comprehensive content offering."

Windsor also said that Amazon will most likely dominate the low-end of the tablet market with the Kindle Fire, while Apple will continue to control the high-end with the iPad2. Windsor did indicate, however, that Google's new Android 4.0 OS Ice Cream Sandwich, could help tablet makers compete better with the iPad. Google is expected to make an official announcement about ICS at a press conference in San Diego on October 11th.

Source: FireForum.net via BGR

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
I looked seriously at the 7-8" tablet arena and: easier to hold than the 10" plus devices. When it comes to doing something like a spread sheet: too much scrolling in order to view a moderate sized spreadsheet. I have one that is a bit over 1mb and the joy wa not there. Browsing was also not a joy, and being an older person, the eyes like a larger standard presentation.

Androidicus

Sep 4, 2011
The only thing I agree with is major tablet makers should lower the prices if they want more market shares.

However, I get the feeling this guy is also trying to ride the hype of the Kindle Fire by saying they should then subsidize the price cut by joining with Amazon :rolleyes: Always consider who is saying something and why...

Sewal46

Sep 16, 2011
What is happening to the idea of healthy competition a nd consumer choice? Why do manufacturers need to take over the whole marketplace?

alisagarner

Aug 1, 2011
Amazon provides Kindle Fire at low price, but is it provide good features? I have seen that Kindle Fire is lacking so many features, so I would not like to buy it even it is offers at lower price.

weezyrider

Jul 29, 2011
Amazon is good for hard goods. Their apps and policies stink. The better stuff is on Android. When a site can't tell the difference between astronomy and astrology ---------
and they bill you $.00 for free apps. This means they need a credit card before you can even get a free app.