Market is Missing

diluzio91

Jun 30, 2011
I just installed CM7 on my nook color, and the market is completely missing... I know enough to break stuff, and thats about it... Thanks for the help.

diluzio91

Jun 30, 2011
I got the googleapps and CM 7 from here

[OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 7 for Barnes & Noble Nook Color :: V7.0.3 (9 May 2011) - CyanogenMod Forum installed the .zip for gapp using clockwork mod. to install i booted into recovery

- install zip from sd card

- choose zip from sd card

- gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip

- yes

then its says

finding update package
opening update package
installing update
installing google apps
installation complete!
install from sd card complete

removed sd card

reboot now

and i have messaging, contacts, clock, camera, gallery, and nothing else.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Why did you remove the SD card? are you running a SD Card OS from it?

I would reinstall it from CWR

diluzio91

Jun 30, 2011
if i didnt have the SD card out then it would just keep rebooting into Clockwork mod recovery.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
So you don't have CWR installed internally?

Well, I haven't heard of problems with users installing stuff from an SD CWR, but I suppose it could happen.

I would start there...put ROM Manager on your NC, flash CWR, and go from there. Don't forget to manually reboot after flashing CWR (this set CWR as the recovery on the NC and needs to be done)

Its just about removing variables.

diluzio91

Jun 30, 2011
is there a wiki on how to do that?should i format my sd card and load the files again?

diluzio91

Jun 30, 2011
Hey again guys, after tinkering fro a couple hours, i got it to load market! thanks for all the help guys

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
So you don't have CWR installed internally?

I didn't realize you could do an internal install :confused: And my searching skills are obviously crap as a search couldn't find anything either.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes you can install CWR internally though having it on a boot card also has its advantages. Since you have recently installed CM7 internally all you need to do is go to ROM Manager (in the app drawer) and select Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. This will install CWR on the internal memory. You may then access it by booting into recovery from ROM Manager or by powering up and pressing power+n.

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Thanks JP (again!). My searching actually found something this time and I did as suggested and reloaded the GApps which has worked.
@huacha, I installed V7.1.0 but I had a mis-step to start with as I only downloaded the link to V7.1.0 (I know, I know. You don't have to say it :eek: ) and the install failed. I wasn't sure, at that time, why so I went ahead and installed GApps. When I realized what I had done and actually got hold of the actual zip file for V7.1.0 I assumed that GApps would still be there. Apparently not.

Now to discover the wonders of CM7 ;)

Thanks again for the support.

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
As an epilog to this, I had a play with the CPU speed, over did it and my NC locked up. It needed to be re-flashed which I did but the market just wouldn't come back. In the end I installed the zip file from ROM Manager and after a couple of restarts all is well.
I write this so the next time (and there will be a next time!) I do something that requires a re-flash it will go easier on me :D

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Well, it took 6 months but I knew my last post would be helpful.

My NC seemed to crash (wouldn't get any further than the Android with the rotating circle/arrow) so I re-installed CM7 and GApps. Sure enough the market was missing along with all the GApps. So I took my own advice and it worked.
I love it when a plan comes together :D