Market Purchase Stuck at Start Downloading

MazoMark

Mar 1, 2011
After sideloading v1.1.0 and overclocking to 1100 mhz, I discovered apps purchased from market would not download - just stayed at "starting download" stage.

After searching this forum and XDA, I tried clearing cache in Nook tools/market apps/Market and rebooting, but this didn't help me. Tried a couple of reboots to see if that would reset things.

Finally, just before restoring to last setting with CWR, I read on XDA that umounting and mounting SD might help. I tried this, and suddenly downloads came through. Not sure how SD mounting status is related to market download, but it works for me.

Thought I'd relay my experience in case in can help out another noob out there.

Mark

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks.

Nook Color Tools > Applications > Market: wipe data may have worked as well.

I believe sometimes it can get stuck looking at a possible update rather than a new install and some apps will create a folder on sd partition, it can create conflicts.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Thanks for sharing! I had the same issue but a simple restart fixed it.

MazoMark

Mar 1, 2011
Thanks.

Nook Color Tools > Applications > Market: wipe data may have worked as well.

I believe sometimes it can get stuck looking at a possible update rather than a new install and some apps will create a folder on sd partition, it can create conflicts.

Rico,

Where is wipe data option? I see clear cache, force close, & a few other options, but nothing called wipe data.

Thanks.

Mark

seth

Mar 27, 2011
After sideloading v1.1.0 and overclocking to 1100 mhz, I discovered apps purchased from market would not download - just stayed at "starting download" stage.

After searching this forum and XDA, I tried clearing cache in Nook tools/market apps/Market and rebooting, but this didn't help me. Tried a couple of reboots to see if that would reset things.

Finally, just before restoring to last setting with CWR, I read on XDA that umounting and mounting SD might help. I tried this, and suddenly downloads came through. Not sure how SD mounting status is related to market download, but it works for me.

Thought I'd relay my experience in case in can help out another noob out there.

Mark

Just bought a nook color and rooted it. However I was experiencing the same problem with market apps appearing to initiate download but ultimately stalling....I read the above forum discussion and simply unmounted my SD card, powered off then on and presto! Apps now download. Thanks for the feed.