Massive Problem with my Allwinner A10 Need help desperately

RockVin

May 25, 2012
Understand I am not computer savvy nor am I Tablet savvy in fact this is my first tablet. And I may just be the biggest fool in the world. I bought this tablet.
Wholesale - Ampe A10 Tablet PC 10.1quot; HD IPS Screen Android 4.0.3 1GB 16GB Dual Camera 2160P HDMI Bluetooth, Free shipping, $194.58-212.14/Piece, 1 piece/Lot | **********

And wouldn't you know it when I received it there was a problem. So I have started trying to get the problem solved. You must understand this is why I am a fool everything is in Chinese and I do not speak one ounce of Chinese. So I will now post the problem as I did figure out what is wrong. And this is what I sent to the company.

Major Update Information!!! I have figured out at least one problem it may be the only problem that needs a fin so I can further test the Tablet. This is how I found out what the problem is. I went to (Settings) then to (Developer options) once there under the sub section (User Interface) I checked (Show Touches) it is defined this way (Show visual feedback for touches). I found out the Tablet is automatically doing touches over and over again near the top of the screen just to the left of middle. Not only that it will at times do touches mostly in one line all the way down the screen causing the Tablet to open programs/apps and it will start to make selections randomly. But it will also do touches all over the screen. When the keyboard is displayed it will begin doing many touches per minute just typing randomly on the keyboard and it will also do touches on the screen above the keyboard opening programs/apps randomly and also closing them randomly. I can do nothing to stop this since it is doing it so fast I have no control over what is happening. But because I selected (Show Touches) from the (Settings), (Developer options) I was able to see the Tablet making these random touches on the screen. Therefore I could see it opening and closing programs and typing randomly. I hope this helps you understand the problem? There must be a fix maybe the Pinin IME or Japanese IME programs are the cause of the problem? However I am sure you must have run across this before and there must be a fix? Is there a newer version of this software or a patch that addresses this problem? Maybe you can send me the program or patch or a link so I can download and install it. Remember I will need any instructions in English. I will look on your web site for a downloads section that offers updates or patches to problems such as this one you seem like a good company so I should be able to find what I need. I will be looking forward to your reply with the proper fix!

OK NEXT: I spoke with the owner Kevin and he told me to download this file. So I used google crome and had the pages translated into English so I have some idea. This is what I was instructed to download to fix the screen issue:
技术支持-深圳市爱魅电子技术有限公司 游戏机 MP4 MID MP3 电子书 移动DVD

I downloaded this and was unable to open and install:
LiveSuitPack_version_1.09_20120301.exe
Right now I am at a loss because I am not qualified enough to do something like this. Half the time when I read some of the technical information some of you write I have no idea what you’re talking about.

I see there are two other download and I have no idea if they will help with my situation. The links leading to the downloads are on this page:
A10,,MP3 MP4 MP5 MID

If anyone is able to help please post and if you have questions I will try and answer them as best I can

Thank You,

Vinny T

Dreedo

Dec 8, 2011
I'm a complete Android noob too, but I also received a tablet in Chinese, no touchscreen issues however.

The Livesuit pack I believe is a tool that lets you remove and install a different firmware on your tablet, obviously your current one is a Chinese firmware, you'll probably want an English firmware installed?

Have a look around the internet for a firmware built specifically for your tablet, the main thing at the moment I think would be getting you off the Chinese firmware, they generally seem to be full of rubbish and it does your tablet no good to be on them.

That link also appears to be a link to download a Chinese firmware for your tablet, probably a newer version that fixes some issues.

If someone has made a firmware for your tablet, they will no doubt include a guide as to how to install it.

RockVin

May 25, 2012
A quick update for anyone who can help with this screen issue I am still having. I was able to do a firmware update with the help of one of the technicians from the company I bought the tablet from. The install was a complete success as far as installing goes.

Now for the screen touch problem the firmware upgrade did nothing to fix the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a fix to the screen? The problem is the Tablet is making touches on the screen all on its own opening and closing programs and just about anything else if it’s in that area where the automatic screen touches are taking place.

I see there are 309 views to my post I am starting to worry a bit that there will be no suggestions made.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
A quick update for anyone who can help with this screen issue I am still having. I was able to do a firmware update with the help of one of the technicians from the company I bought the tablet from. The install was a complete success as far as installing goes.

Now for the screen touch problem the firmware upgrade did nothing to fix the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a fix to the screen? The problem is the Tablet is making touches on the screen all on its own opening and closing programs and just about anything else if it’s in that area where the automatic screen touches are taking place.

I see there are 309 views to my post I am starting to worry a bit that there will be no suggestions made.

Capacitive touch is sensitive to water/sweat/fingerprint especially the cheaper one. :)

it will happen if you are sweating and leaving trace on the screen.

sorebigtoe962

Jun 21, 2012
I'm having the same problem. I found that resetting the table back to factory setting will sometimes clear the problem for a short period of time. Unfortunately the problem will reappear after 1-4 hours of use. I've decided after 3 days of trial to return it and ask for a replacement.

EDIT 2 days later:

I reset to factory settings, set the keyboard to Android Keyboard (US) (Navigation: Settings: Language and Input: Keybaord and Input Method) and it has been stable since.

Note sure if its a co-incident or a fix, but at this time I don't really want to wipe the tables again to verify - sorry!

Last edited:

Anders40

Jul 27, 2012
@RockVin: So, how does your tablet work now? I have the same Ampe A10 tablet with the same issue.

Anders40

Jul 27, 2012
@sorebigtoe962: The same question for you: So, how does your tablet work now? I have the same Ampe A10 tablet with the same issue. I am trying to find a solution if updates will work, otherwise I will ship it back to my seller.

sorebigtoe962

Jun 21, 2012
@sorebigtoe962: The same question for you: So, how does your tablet work now? I have the same Ampe A10 tablet with the same issue. I am trying to find a solution if updates will work, otherwise I will ship it back to my seller.

Hi Anders40, Apologies for the late reply. I've not been on the forums of late and just saw your message now. The screen problem has not reoccurred. Thats not to say that the tablet doesn't have some other problems, but for the money I'm still happy. :)

coolfox14

Sep 8, 2012
I bough this tablet recently, and i managed to have a lot of firmwares to it
this is my tablet xtouch x716 (same as LY-F8AS)
X716_Xtouch | touch the world

i was trying the Onda V10 elite firmware on it and it screw up my touch oriantation, now the touch has a huge shiftting and the three soft side buttons is not working.

I tried to flash the original firmware and it didn't fix this issue it still the same, i also flashed the other firmware that was working right but not working also.

I searched the internet for the ploblem and found that something called "ft5x_ts.ko" is been replaced by the onda firmware, so i tied the touch fix for ly-f1s, momo9, aurora and it didn't fix my problem.

I am using ICS 4.0.3.

Please help my to get my touch screen fixed with the proper patch or some this like this.

GOHAWKSGO

Jun 24, 2012
I also have Ampe A10 tabet, having problem where the screen goes to the Ampe 10 logo, and then to black screen with 3 Chinese symbols on it. Then cannot get it to open for quite a long time. What's going on?

GOHAWKSGO

Jun 24, 2012
I also have Ampe A10 tabet, having problem where the screen goes to the Ampe 10 logo, and then to black screen with 3 Chinese symbols on it. Then cannot get it to open for quite a long time. What's going on?

I am still having this problem. Wrote to company where I bought it, and was just told to update the firmware, as apps I have installed could have caused a problem.

However, they gave me no instructions on how to update, or a link for the firmware, etc.

Do I have to use a computer to do this (have tried following different instructions on various sites on internet, but once I download different items on my PC, don't know what to do with them, etc.) - Is there any way to do this through my tablet only?