Maxell Maxtab H 10 - How to Install Android Market

Soder

Jan 9, 2013
Hello my name is Soder .
This Thread will hopefully help you install Android Market and some Google Apps that are unavailable on Google play .

This is working on my Maxell Maxtab H10 .

Here are the specs

CPU - AMLogic 8726-MX
Dual core Cortex - A9 at 1.5GHz
Dual core Mali 400 Graphic processor
Built in memory 8 GB
RAM 1 GB ( DDR 3)
OS Android 4.1.1 ( Jelly Bean)
WiFi IEEE 802.11b/g/n
Screen Size 9.7 inch capacitive multi-touch ( TFT IPSII panel)
Resolution 1280 x 768
Camera Front – 1.3 M / Back 5 M Pixels
Audio MP3,OGG,FLAC,APE,AAC,AC3
Video
MPEG 1/2, MPEG 4 - XVID, DIVX, H.263/264, /VC1,RMVB
format up to full HD 1080P
Image JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG
E-book PDF,TXT,E-pub,PDB,FB2
I/O ports
USB 2.0 (OTG), 3.5mm headphone jack
TF card (micro SD card) reader, HDMI
Battery Lithium Battery 7200mAH

This device was shipped without Android Market / Google play .
Even when connecting to Google play through a browser i was unable to download most apps , Example.
upgrade to Google play store , Google Maps , IMDb, Instagram , Chrome Browser and several more were not available .
Most apps on Google play were not even visible or when they were visible and i tried to install them , it gave me an " Unsupported device error " MID tablet

IMHO this Android 4.1.1 tablet without Google Store is worthless . So i had to get this up and running , and i managed to get the Android Market and a few other Google apps installed and running .

NO ROOT NEEDED

Follow these 10 easy steps that worked for me .

1: Hard reset your tablet ( Back to stock )

2: Start your tablet ( Dont sign into any mail , or start any apps )

3: Go to Settings>System Settings>Security and tick the box "Unknown Sources"
(Allowing installation of apps from unknown sources )

4: Connect your tablet to you PC with supplied USB cable

5: Download these files to your desktop Download Link
( there should be 4 files , Named 1,2,3,4 )

6: after downloading the above files, transfer them to your tablets SDcard .
(If you have come this far i think you know how to transfer files to your tablets SDcard )

7: No that the files are on your tablet .Use your tablets stock file browser/App installer and navigate to the files on your SDcard .

8: VERY IMPORTANT . Install each file starting with #1 then 2 , 3 and then 4 . After installing each file you will be presented with "Done " or "open " window .
click done . after installing the last file #4 dont click done or open . press the tablets power button and hold it to reboot your tablet .

9: Once it has been rebooted you should see a window asking how you would like to open this file . Click "LAUNCHER" and click always.

10: Go to your apps drawer and find Market and launch it . you should now be able to login with your google account and start using the Android Market .

NOTE . one problem i have found is that you tubes latest update gives and error . . i dont know why . but i have found that using youtube without the latest update it works just fine .

If everything worked a charm . then i have added these files below that were still unavailable on the Market .

How to install these files below .
Mail them to yourself and open the mail on your tablet .
and just click install .

Download link for files below

Chrome_18_0_1025469play.apk ( Chrome Browser , Latest version )as of 2013/01-16
Google_Maps_6_14_2.apk ( Google Maps , Latest version )as of 2013/01-16
IMDb_Movies_amp_TV_3_1_1_103110510.apk ( IMDb , Latest version )as of 2013/01-16
Instagram_3_4_0.apk ( Latest version )as of 2013/01-16
Street_View_on_Google_Maps_1_8_1_2.apk ( Latest version) as of 2013/01-16

I really hope that this has helped someone out there !

Cheers
/Soder

Last edited:

Soder

Jan 9, 2013
This process works for most tablets that were not shipped with market / google play .
many thanks mate -> Idaute .
Cheers
/Soder

solomatrolo

Feb 8, 2013
Hi. Really appreciate the thread but can not get it to work on my maxell maxtab c8..... even after factory reset two of the four files are present and there fore i guess its not working. The 'market' tab has come up but always says, "Unfortunately, market has stopped". can you shed any light, would be appreciated so much! many thanks Soder

neoklis

Mar 5, 2013
This did not work for me either. I was unable to reset the tablet. After pressing the reset button with a pin, the tablet starts over without any changes from before. My email accounts are intact and all the files I had previously downloaded from my PC are there. I don't know if this the reson for not being able to complete the above described steps, but when I try to install the first app I get the following error message:
App not installed
An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed.
If anyne has any ideas how to make thiw work, please tell!
Even information on rooting the device, if nothing else works, would be greatly appreciated.