Maybe you shouldn't factory reset the tab too many times. . .

petedude

Mar 9, 2011
Just reset my SYTABEX7 a few months back after having updated it to the latest ROM at that time.

Last night, it wouldn't start up. Mistakenly thinking it was hosed again, I ran a factory reset. . . as it turned out, the problem was the SD card (pop it out, pop it in. . .). What I get for being in a hurry!

Anyway, now my Gallery and Music app icons are missing-- apps are there and visible, but with no icons. Otherwise, tablet seems OK so far. Any ideas?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Just reset my SYTABEX7 a few months back after having updated it to the latest ROM at that time.

Last night, it wouldn't start up. Mistakenly thinking it was hosed again, I ran a factory reset. . . as it turned out, the problem was the SD card (pop it out, pop it in. . .). What I get for being in a hurry!

Anyway, now my Gallery and Music app icons are missing-- apps are there and visible, but with no icons. Otherwise, tablet seems OK so far. Any ideas?

Too funny that you mention this now. After my last "factory reset (three finger method)", I attempted to install the "AndroidTablets.net App" from both the Market and micro SD card without success. It kept failing to install with a message, I have never seen before, something to do about not being able to load to SD, so I thought here goes another factory reset, but instead I copied the app to /local, popped out the SD card, and attempted to install it again which worked. I was so close to resetting but thankfully all was resolved as you stated by just removing the SD card.

There are so many FAQ's for this tablet it is impossible to recall them all but this is another one to make sure to add for this or any device.

As it relates to missing application icons, did you try to re-add them to the application screen?

If it is just the ICON follow these steps to add it back to the screen.

To add to the main application menu follow these steps:
From the main app window -

• Touch the Menu icon in the top-right of the screen (represented by four horizontal lines) or Press the Menu button on the back of the tablet
• Touch the ‘Add Application’ icon on the bottom left

• Under Select Activity, select ‘Gallery or Music’ and select.

The 'Gallery and/or Music' icon will now appear on the main screen.

Last edited:

petedude

Mar 9, 2011
Thanks. Strangely enough, after the second or third reboot the icons reappeared.

On another note, has anyone noticed this tablet being picky about USB flash drives?
It seems to like my Kingston, but ignores my Ativa.