Maylong M-150, A tablet received by mistake!

poikaa

Jun 12, 2011
I received this tablet from a vendor that sells through Amazon. I had ordered what I thought was a 7 inch capacitive Android 2.2 tablet and what came was the Maylong M-150. Since I had to find out what came I had the chance to use this "under 100 dollar" tablet and post some observations here.
I have to tell you that this is a catalog error at Amazon and not done to "snow Job" anyone and the error is being corrected.
I am just learning about Android tablets and this Maylong I have is showing me what not to buy.... First it is a 7" resistive touch screen that works but is slow and not able to do multi touch, it does work! Second it has Android 1.6 aka Donut. This is an earlier release of Android and is not fully capable of running most apps without an upgrade. It is a cheap build and the back of the case becomes really warm!
What it is capable of is surprising to me! It is very capable of WiFi and will do You Tube videos decently, email works well and surfing the net is fairly smooth but a tad slow. The processor is an ARM 533 mHz and reminds me of my old Commodore 64!
It seems to be G3 able but I have not gone there. The music player works but is crude in it's looks. There is a microphone but I do not know how to activate it. No real text input but has a "sticky notes" application.
Here is something I found rather goofy.... It works well with an optical mouse but one has to hold the mouse sideways for the correct orientation and direction of the pointer? :confused:
Battery life is not great, something like 1.5 hours at best on WiFi and more with the music player.
For the money not a bad unit but the experience is not great unless one can upgrade to Android 2.2.

poikaa