Maylong M-250 upgrade from 2.2

Nuperalta

Jan 5, 2012
Hello, I bought a Maylong M-250 for my son for christmas and the app market won't work. Though the WI-FI is on and I can surf the web, when I try to download an app from the app market it says my network connection is not working. In addition, I have tried to get the angry birds game for him installed and haven't been able to do so either. Is this something that can be solved if I upgrade? If so, how would I go about doing that? I tried contacting the Maylong group via email and many phone calls without success. Please help. Thanks.

SteveOnion

May 30, 2011
I believe that there are at least a couple of ROMs that can work with the Maylong-250: Slatedroid Singularity by Roger Calver is one. The other is Uberoid.

Be sure to read and understand the instructions on performing the upgrades. Backup any apps/settings before updating the firmware as they will be wiped out during the process. One mistake could turn your tablet into an expensive coaster.

Update:
I just installed SlateDroid Singularity on an Eken M012S WM8650-based tablet, the 8" brother to the M009S. Only trick was to take env_uboot file from stock firmware and replace inside Singularity update which is meant for 7" M009S. Google Market seemed to work after the update although some apps did not appear in search (e.g. NPR News, Dolphin Browser HD, Pandora Internet Radio) but even these may appear once the build.props file is set to match an officially "supported device".

Last edited:

sant01

Jan 7, 2012
I am having the exact same problem. I opened a Google account for both of my kids, and when i try to download anything from the online app market i get an error saying that there is no device associated with this account. I can however, get apps from the app market on the device itself but there doesn't seem to be nearly as many apps as the online market. Please... Any info would be greatly appriciated!!

Sant