Medical / Health Apps for Android Tablet

gincrabby

Nov 14, 2013
Hey, guys! I'm just helping our office physician to find an application that he can use for accessing the records of his patients anywhere, anytime. Aside from his work assignment in our company, he also works in a hospital and he has a lot of patients in his record. He keeps on telling me that he regularly receives several calls from his patients and he finds it difficult to remember the history of each patient :D. I must understand coz I work in HR Dept. and I couldn't also remember all our employees...I always have to rely in our database. So going back, one of our IT staff suggested to check on the web about an application where he can retrieve the records of his patients not only thru computer but tablet as well. Our doctor here both have Galaxy Tablet and iPad Mini. So I told him reserve the Galaxy for our staff records and iPad Mini for his other patients :D Now, I'd like to get your suggestions...you might know some applications suited for his profession. Share, please...pretty please ;)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It sounds like you may be talking about off-site access? If so I think you'll run into some HIPPA issues with security and compliance. Whatever app you may have in house for accessing the records would need to be designed to work with that specific data backend. From what I have seen it's likely to be a proprietary app and maybe even a locked down device.

apatheticforester

Feb 28, 2015
You're probably referring to EHR. It provides precise, up-to-date, and complete information about patients at the point of care permitting immediate access to patient records for faster and efficient care.

gincrabby

Nov 14, 2013
I think this is the one that the consultant was talking about. He even referred our physician to what he said is the best EHR XD I think he's making the proposal now to get it approved by our higher ups.