MeMO Pad 7in will not wake up

Hoibie

Sep 20, 2011
Hello - MeMO pad ME173. Have a 16gB MicroSD card installed.

My daily habits are like this. I use the tablet to listen to music before sleep. I usually disconnect the Bluetooth headphones somewhat later during the night, thinking that the tablet will sleep. In the morning, I'll throw it on the ASUS supplied wall charger and cable that came with the unit. Later in the day, I might fire it up to check an eMail or Google+, etc.

Well, after my usual AM charge this morning, the MeMO pad will not wake up., I'm facing a completely blank, dark screen. Removed the SD card. I press and hold the power button for 30-45 secs. No life. I put it back on the wall charger and attempt to press and hold the power button for 30-45 secs. No life. I put it on the USB port off the desktop and let it sit for a couple of hours. Attempted restart. No life. I have a RAVpower external batt and tried restarting with that connected. No life.

I'm out of warranty (of course). is this thing toast? If so, too bad because I really enjoy using it.

Any advice appreciated.

Hoibie

Hoibie

Sep 20, 2011
YouTube to the rescue. Saw video where the guy pulls it apart, unplugs the battery connector, re-plugs it in and he's back in business. Getting it apart is difficult. I needed something really sharp (a scalpel) to wedge in the seam. The battery connector in the video is ever so slightly different in that it has 2 detents either side of the connector. The video shows the op pulling out away from the socket. On mine it pops up away from the mobo. The two detents are meant to provide added stability. I broke those two off. However, when re-inserting the plug I find there should be enough tension to hold it in place. Eventually I may pay for that mistake.

Keep it charged up and turn it off when not in use. My new motto.

Hoibie