Micro SD Card on A100 filling with gibberish (code?)

ribbie149

Sep 3, 2013
I have an Acer Iconia A100 tablet. When I mount an 32 GB micro sd card and copy data on it, I find that within a short amount of time the card is filled with files that are not labeled with standard English letters, but gibberish that looks like code. When I link to my PC with the usb cord, these files come up as unreadable and it is impossible to delete them. I have tried using the Unlocker program, but it does not work on these files, When I check their size, it shows 100's of gb's of data (which is of course not possible). I have formatted the card several times, wiping all data on the card, but the same problem keeps occurring. I have avast antivirus on the tablet, but no viruses are detected. Any ideas as to what is going on?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Your issue sounds pretty much like the contents of the card have been corrupted. It could be that it wore out or just failed, or some app got ion the way that messed it up. You may want to try formatting it again to see if it really is any good but don't rely on it for anything you don't have a copy of somewhere else.