Microsoft SkyDrive App For Android Launched

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
By Omkar Dutta on August 28th, 2012

I’ve been using Microsoft’s Skydrive service from the last 5 years, when there was no Dropbox or Google Drive for saving my important documents, college projects and vacation pictures on the cloud. Earlier, SkyDrive used to offer 25 GB of online storage before cutting it down to 7 GB for new users. I have already installed the Dropbox, Google Drive and Box apps on my Android smartphone, which offers 2 GB, 5 GB and 50 GB of online storage respectively. However, I was eagerly waiting for the official SkyDrive app, since the third-party apps does not work as advertised.

The official SkyDrive app is already available for Windows Phone and iOS users, which allows them to access SkyDrive content and manage files on the go. Apart from changing the SkyDrive logo and redesigning the website with Modern UI, Microsoft has already teased the official SkyDrive app for Android by showing off a couple of screenshots.

skydrive_android_01.jpg

Today, Microsoft finally launched the much-awaited SkyDrive app for Android devices. SkyDrive for Android allows you to upload multiple photos and videos directly from your smartphone. You can even open SkyDrive files through other Android apps installed on your device. In terms of features, this app is almost similar to the Windows Phone and iOS version of the SkyDrive apps. Check out the complete features after the break.

Features:

• Access all of your SkyDrive content including files shared with you.
  • View recently used documents.
  • Choose multiple photos or videos to upload from your phone.
  • Share your files and photos – send a link in email or in another app.
  • Open your SkyDrive files in other Android apps.
  • Manage your files – delete, or create new folders.

skydrive_android_02.jpg

SkyDrive app is currently available for devices running on the Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) or the newer version of the OS. However, this app is designed to work best with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS. To download the SkyDrive app for your Android smartphone, head over to this page at Google Play Store. We will be posting the complete review of this app in the coming days. Stay tuned!

Read more at SkyDrive For Android Officially Launched