MID 7024 and tether?

DOLO1

May 10, 2011
Hello all. Is it possible to pick up wifi from an andriod phone with 7024? If so, how? I have tried using a wifi tether app but the 7024 did not pick up the wifi signal at all. Thanks in advance.

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
I believe the tablet is connecting by infrastructure where most sock tether apps for smart phones connect by adhoc. If your smart phone is rooted there are a couple of apps that do allow connection by infrastructure.

DOLO1

May 10, 2011
I believe the tablet is connecting by infrastructure where most sock tether apps for smart phones connect by adhoc. If your smart phone is rooted there are a couple of apps that do allow connection by infrastructure.

Thanks for the response. I do have a rooted andriod using CM 6. I will look for some apps now, if you or anyone else know's of any off hand please let me know. Thanks.

ppaine

Apr 22, 2011
I'm not sure this will be helpful but I have been successful tethering my 7024 with my Touch Pro 2, booting to FRX06 from XDAndroid. The native tethering app included in that build operates in infrastructure mode and is therefore recognized. It has been a little glitchy but definitly works. Obviously I'm not taking credit for any of this. All credit to the hard work put in by the developers at XDAndroid. I guess you might be able to find out what app is included in the build I'm using and install in on your rooted phone. Hope this helps. Good luck.