MID 9042 Rooting/Getting Play Store

LordRich

Dec 24, 2012
Hi everyone,

I just got a MID 9042 for a present. I realized it had getjar which is useless. I have spent probably last six hours trying to troubleshoot how to start rooting my tablet so I can get the playstore. I have read everything and I'm totally lost. I've downloaded the adb, superoneclick, usb driver, and some other things ive found along the way. I tried doing the rooting but Im confused. I extracted everything and click on adb it opens up a black box runs through some stuff then goes away. There is also talk about getting rom manager maybe on my tablet. How is this actually done? I cant download it on getjar. Im really looking for some guidance. If someone can help me out with the starter steps im willing to put the time in. Should I re-set tablet??

Thank you

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Device Manager is a Windows application. On XP and up you can access it by typing "devmgmt.msc" into the Run dialog. Windows 7 has direct access to it via the Control Panel. From there you right-click on the item and you will have the option to update the driver or view the properties of each piece of hardware.