MID tablet WM8650 Uberoid2.2 preparing to upgrade, please wait... STUCK?!

momchi

Dec 25, 2011
Hi, I tried flashing a honeycomb mod (uberoid2.2) to my WM8650 (MID) tablet (7''), followed instructions here:

[ROM] - Universal (HYBRiD) HoneyCombMOD Uberoid for WM8650 devices v1.3.0 w/ Video - SlateDroid.com

but, it is stuck now for more than a few minutes (with no obvious progress) with the message:

WM8650 Uberoid2.2 Upgrade preparing, please wait...

By the way, it is a "green light" table... if this matters...

What should I do, should I disconnect it at "some" point?... Any suggestions? :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

momchi

Dec 25, 2011
THANKS GOD --

Found "WM8650_Universal_Uberoid_v12_Beta2_31MAY2012-HcH" (latest so far!) then, selected option 1 (as my tablet seemed to be M009s MID -- flashing proceeded successfully!
:)
UNLESS YOU WANT TO STAY UNTIL 2AM FEELING STUPID AND FRUSTRATED -- PLEASE DO:
1) make sure you use READ ALL here: Login
(are you done? if NOT ... go to => 1)!!!! :)

2) The firmware updater is SMARTER than any other versions you will find -- as it lets you "BACKUP" the original configuration -- which can be VERY important if flashing goes wrong (see REC for recovery option)

3) Do try to figure out your MODEL as BEST as POSSIBLE (for example you could google "MID tablet, green led images" and check these out -- often their names will be "M009s.jpg" or something like it... or "Cheap 7" M009s tablet" :)....)

Good luck!
:rolleyes:

momchi

Dec 25, 2011
THANKS GOD --

Found "WM8650_Universal_Uberoid_v12_Beta2_31MAY2012-HcH" (latest so far!) then, selected option 1 (as my tablet seemed to be M009s MID -- flashing proceeded successfully!
:)
UNLESS YOU WANT TO STAY UNTIL 2AM FEELING STUPID AND FRUSTRATED -- PLEASE DO:
1) make sure you use READ ALL here: Login
(are you done? if NOT ... go to => 1)!!!! :)

2) The firmware updater is SMARTER than any other versions you will find -- as it lets you "BACKUP" the original configuration -- which can be VERY important if flashing goes wrong (see REC for recovery option)

3) Do try to figure out your MODEL as BEST as POSSIBLE (for example you could google "MID tablet, green led images" and check these out -- often their names will be "M009s.jpg" or something like it... or "Cheap 7" M009s tablet" :)....)

Good luck!
:rolleyes:

... flashed it successfully with option 7 (of 31 May 2012 release) -- the model of my tablet is most likely "APAD (MID) 7002 - 7" (silver back, black headphones jack, GREEN LED/red when charging, with camera and mic (hole)).

By the way guys, camera works perfectly(!) (did not work with the original firmware!), touch-screen is much more responsive(!) than with the original! ... This MOD looks totally cool! Plus, original "Google Play Store (Market)" etc...

THANK HCH and YOU EVERYONE who maintain and help this forum!!!
:cool: