MID7015 or 7005 battery concerns

phait

Apr 3, 2011
I've read here on the forum that someone read on Amazon the tablet(s) are good for only 300 charges, it's the nature of the battery technology, blah blah.

So... I'm certain when I owned a Nokia N800 or iPod Touch that in the time I owned them, I charged them more than that. If I do opt for a Coby tablet... what's a decent estimate on how long I'll be using the thing (not hour to hour, but months/years)? It's my biggest concern from buying the tablet because the price is great, the potential after root... otherwise in my price range (under $200) there hardly any decent offerings -- many are offbrand (worse than Coby) and I don't want to stick my money there.

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
even if it only lasts a year, you'll get your moneys worth. 300 is a guess & that only means it may not charge to 100% any longer, it will still charge & be usable, just may not last as long. it you want my guess, i would say 3 years, thats what most electronics design for.

phait

Apr 3, 2011
Yeah that would be moneys worth definitely.

Man it's between this or the Archos 7 Home Tablet, but I'm trying to find a v2 one with Android 2.1 (plus it's faster)

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
archos is a bad brand in my book.

if i were looking now, i'd make sure to get at least 1ghz cpu, 512mb ram, at least 4gb storage & android 2.2 or higher, a capacitive screen prefered.

phait

Apr 3, 2011
I just snagged an Archos Home Tablet 7 actually. I'll let ya know how it goes. It was a tough choice, but the Coby name as far as brand awareness wasn't sitting well with me. Thanks for you input!

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
Hello everyone I'm new here and actually this bid of 300 charges the battery was a bit worried lol, this forum here has more pictures of how to open the MID7015 and believe it is possible to replace the battery, just get it out and weld a new one.

Inside the Coby Kyros 7015

$img_2010.jpg

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
The Coby is a great device. Brand awareness is meaningless-what matters is the device itself, not what name is slapped on it. Mine is rooted and running the Gingerbread ROM and it's great..very fast and responsive.