MID7022 doesn't fully charge

jimcpl

Aug 10, 2011
Hi,

I noticed that my MID7022 only shows "Charging (98%)", even if I leave it on the charger for hours, i.e., it never gets to 100%.

I've tried clearing battery stats using CWM, but still get the same thing.

I *think* that when I got it a couple of days ago, it was going to "Charged" on the lock screen, but it doesn't seem to want to do that anymore :(...

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Jim

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Same thing here. If tablet is off it will charge to 100 otherwise usually at 98. Although sometimes if charging with screen off for hours it will also say 100.

jimcpl

Aug 10, 2011
Same thing here. If tablet is off it will charge to 100 otherwise usually at 98. Although sometimes if charging with screen off for hours it will also say 100.

Hi,

It's not just the 98% thing... I noticed that if I then unplug from the charger, and go look at the battery immediately, the MID7022 says it's at 75%+.

I'm currently letting the tablet run down the battery until it powers off (set to not sleep, display at 100% brightness). I read somewhere that doing that might cause it to be able to charge back to full 100%. I'll do as you suggested, and when I recharge it, will do the recharge with the tablet off, and will post back after that.

It's on ~2.5 hours now, and battery is showing at 26%, so I'll just leave it overnight...

Later,
Jim

jimcpl

Aug 10, 2011
Hi,

It's not just the 98% thing... I noticed that if I then unplug from the charger, and go look at the battery immediately, the MID7022 says it's at 75%+.

I'm currently letting the tablet run down the battery until it powers off (set to not sleep, display at 100% brightness). I read somewhere that doing that might cause it to be able to charge back to full 100%. I'll do as you suggested, and when I recharge it, will do the recharge with the tablet off, and will post back after that.

It's on ~2.5 hours now, and battery is showing at 26%, so I'll just leave it overnight...

Later,
Jim

I let the MID7022 run down until it shut itself down, then I let it charge overnight, and now, when I powered it on, with the charger still plugged in, it shows "Charged" on the lock screen!!

But, as soon as I unplugged it, it shows 91%....

I'm leaving it powered on, and charging again.

This is kind of weird??

Jim

GiageJoe

Nov 1, 2011
I've seen this discussed with other android tablets. I think this is more of a reporting issue then a problem with the battery issue.