MID7022: frozen screen (Android logo) - reset factory settings?

petra

Aug 20, 2012
So my Coby Kyros MID7022 won't start properly when I turn it on, the screen freezes showing the Android logo. I managed to enter the recovery mode (on+home-button), but I can't select anything or navigate through the options. Any help?

petra

Aug 20, 2012
Thanks for your reply, but the problem is that my device does not have any volume buttons, only "back", "home", "menu", and "on/off". None of those lets me navigate through the options.

rickthestitch

Jan 26, 2013
So my Coby Kyros MID7022 won't start properly when I turn it on, the screen freezes showing the Android logo. I managed to enter the recovery mode (on+home-button), but I can't select anything or navigate through the options. Any help?

use a guitar pick or butter knife to pry open the back of kyros (gently,but dont be afraid) at the sid card area..Be sure to remove the card 1st. when the back is completely removed you shall see a small brass button,click it once. That should solve the problem.Return the back and you're done

Pallipoiss13

Jun 23, 2012
Try hard resetting or starting up in compatibility mode, try starting tablet without any sd cards inserted(except internal).
If these don't work, reinstall stock firmware!