MID7024 NAND and Internal Stoage - Numbers seem low - Are they?

kenert

Jul 10, 2011
Newbie here. I've gleaned much info on this forum, and as a result, purchased a used MID7024 recently. When I received it, I did a factory data reset, and a system restore so that I could start with what I hoped would be as close to "out of the box" as possible.

The unit has been working well, and I have loaded most everything I want to use on the tablet from various sources (I have not rooted).

My question is this: After the reset/restores mentioned, I had the following values in the "SD card and device storage settings":

Nand Memory
Total space -125MB
Available space - 108MB

Internal device storage
Available space - 413MB

These numbers seem quite low to me (especially Nand). Are they? I've read most every post in the Coby sections, but haven't found anyone referencing the relative numbers for these areas on the 7024, so I have nothing to compare it too.

If they are, indeed low, how do I determine what is using the missing amounts. I have spent quite some time looking through all the various folders (using ES File Explorer) but I can find nothing to account to the several GB's of internal storage I believe is unavailable.

AS an aside, I have installed about a dozen apps, and the Nand available space is still around the 100mb mark and internal storage is at 365mb or so. The tablet is pretty much configured and setup the way I want, but the missing storage is still a mystery to me.

(I'm a long time PC guy, but this is my first venture in anything Android).

Thanks for any input!

kenert

Jul 10, 2011
Can anyone at least tell me some representative figures from a stock 7024 so I have something to reference.

Thanks

rain

May 5, 2011
Got my 7024 four month ago on amazon. kernal: 2.6.32.9 and got maybe fourty new apps loaded, counted fifty four now. Plants versus Zombies seemed like a ram hog...
Nand Memory
Total space -2.00 GB is available space
Internal device storage
Available space - 332 MB is available space
. . . . . . . .
I use : Advanced Task Killer Pro -and- App 2 SD Pro and they are good, the second one moves stuff to the plug in ram chip which I am using a 8 GB versus a more common 4 GB.

HTH, rain (man)

Last edited:

kenert

Jul 10, 2011
Got my 7024 four month ago on amazon. kernal: 2.6.32.9 and got maybe fifteen apps loaded
Nand Memory
Total space -2.00 GB is available space
Internal device storage
Available space - 332 MB is available space
. . . . . . . .
I use : Advanced Task Killer Pro -and- App 2 SD Pro and they are good, the second one moves stuff to the plug in ram chip which I am using a 8 GB versus a more common 4 GB.

HTH, rain (man)

now off to find my missing GB's !