Minor Problems with Bluetooth Keyboard

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
Not sure what the issue is, so I thought I would explain what happened and get feedback from others about whether it is compatibility, software, the keyboard or tablet...

My wife has a Logitech bluetooth keyboard sold as an iPad accessory. She let me try it with my tablet. It found it fine and started using it and it generally worked for a while. Then something happened and shift didn't seem to work. Instead of ( I would get 9. And then all of a sudden the period started deleting the next character (not a backspace delete). The odd thing about that is that I had typed a period earlier in the same paragraph. It does have some funky Apple keys; I guess I could have hit one of those by mistake at some point. The weird thing is that all the alphanumeric keys still seemed to be fine.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
Last night I had better luck. I went into the properties and turned off its auto punctuate, correct and complete features and it works fine. So I think it is the android interface that has some issues, not hardware. I did not install anything to make it work; just searched for device in bluetooth settings and paired it. So it is a baked in interface being used. I will have to see if Logitech has a better one.

Also found out that sharing a keyboard is tricky. I have to unpair it and pair it again if it has been used on the iPad since I last used it.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
What model? Is it a compact size, or full size? I am looking for a compatible BT keyboard for my A2109 mini road warrior machine...

It is kinda medium size; wider than the a2109 in landscape by about an inch at each end. It is a Logitech Tablet Keyboard for iPad. I think they make one that is Android also but I am not sure. It works fairly well with the a2109. It has some keys that do nothing on Android and some things work okay with the arrow keys and some don't.