MoboPlayer 2.0GB file-size Limitations?

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Has else anyone noticed this? Mobo won't play any ripped movies (m4v's done by Handbrake) that is over 2.0GB is size whereas the included Nemo player does. In fact, Mobo acts as if it doesn't even see the files!

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
I noticed the same thing. Big files just don't show up in the file system. Mobo will play them but you have to find them with a file manager and "quick select" them. Then you will get a choice of which player you want to play them.

Also 2 gb is a big file since memory is at a premium on the A500.

Try setting the "average bitrate" under VIDEO to 1000. That will make the result file a lot smaller. A 4 gb file should be around 1 gb and still look very good on the A500.

I usually run between 800 and 1200 (action films are 1200). Hope this helps.

Ken

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Thanks for that info....I'll try it out. I don't want to make my files any smaller, though. I want to use them on my 67-inch HDTV downstairs, too. Also, with a 32GB microSD card and also one for the USB port, there really isn't too much problem with file size. Curious that nemoplayer can see those files, though. If you rip correctly it plays them without choppiness. I might not need mobo anymore.

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
Now you have me green with envy.

All I have is 1 16 gb card in my tablet and a beat up tube model tv.

Ken