Momo11 CRASH!

Chinese Warranty Test!

• Will they repair my tablet?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will they replace my momo11 with a new one?

• Will they replace my momo11 with a used one?!

• If not in stock, will they replace it with another one of their choice?

• Will they do nothing and send it back as if "all good"?

• Total voters

PaschTablis

Jan 9, 2013
I own a MOMO 11 Bird Edition 5-6 months now..and yes, I am totally excited with that.....apart from the well known wifi problem...
- I read once that it was a problem widely noticed to any piece assembled until 6/2012 (I guess I could have waited a couple of weeks before I place the original order....:mad:)
--if you accept it as it is, you are then totally happy with your MOMO and you can still convert your house into a collection of rooms with wifi access points (all switchable, so there's no excessive radiation, if not necessary - you can never tell what will come up in the following 20 years of medical research!)

....and then it was that HDMI thing.....I saw videos and heard rumours that you just plug it in your TV and off it goes....nahhh...not mine..
- I read once more that you have to buy an extra-ultra-hyper high quality cable, not more than 23,574 cm long, not less than 12,658 cm short to transfer enough stuff from mini HDMI to HDMI..(I guess I was stupid enough to think that I could use my tablet on my 40'' HD Philips and watch hd movies, while sitting on my sofa...:mad:)
--if you already own a dvd player, fully working on your TV, why do you want to plug the tablet too??? (those humans are never satisfied....)

Anyway, I still believe it is a great device - really, no kidding! I really enjoyed having it around and spent quite an amount of time exploring it, although it was not my first Android device.

Until it crashed....it's a couple of weeks since I start up the tablet and, in a time of about 3 minutes, it goes off with multiple flashes on the screen and strange hisses coming from the speakers. In case I reset the device once more, the problem accurs even faster. I contacted the site I bought it from and they responded with some technical advice in 2 days time (deeply appreciated!!!). At least they didn't suggested exorcism, after the video I sent them! :p

I let them know that factory reset (more than 3 times!) didn't work out, so I now wait for their response...this whole thing cries out for a replacement, but it's high time I put their 12month warranty to the test...I'll let you know what happened..

P.S. THIS IS NOT, BY ANY MEANS, AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE PLOYER MOMO 11 LOOK BAD!!! FOR ONCE MORE, I HAVE TO SAY THAT I REALLY LOVED THIS DEVICE - MAYBE THEY EVENTUALLY REPLACE IT WITH THE SAME ONE (as long they guarantee I won't face the same stuff), AND I WOULD BE MORE THAN PLEASED!:eek:

Last edited:

PaschTablis

Jan 9, 2013
Latest update...

I got a message telling me to proceed into sending the tablet back to the company. So far, so good. The thing is that in the company's instructions, it is clearly stated that an RMA form has to be filled in before any return to the company.....and the link to download this form doesn't work.....

I've started to feel a little uncomfortable about it - waiting for their relpy, maybe with the form attached. I read tons of stuff about the minor credibility to be given to companies from China, especially when it comes to refund,return and repair or replace faulty goods. I hope this doesn't turn out like that....

I'm also curious whether they will open up and fix my original tablet or send me another one of the same model. Or, since Ployer Momo 11 is labeled as "out of stock", am I getting another brand tablet back? Do I have the right to name my alternatives? Will my suggestions be respected?......

You might say "since you're so worried, open it up yourself an fix it".....Wish it was so easy!

Any previous experience from anyone?

P.S. I woudn't like to name the company the tablet was purchased from, until a final result is formed. Then I will either praise them or bury them....we'll see...:confused:

PaschTablis

Jan 9, 2013
The "package" has left the building!!!
I posted the tablet back to China a couple of hours ago and I'm really curious what happens next......Surgery, causing no, the same or even more problems when returned? Replacement, with model of the exact same kind at its original state or used? Full replacement with another model of their choice or will I be asked for any preferences?......

I've already read tons of stuff (think I said that before) and I'm really worried..and the sum of all the emails I exchanged with their customer support until now is massive...They were kind and helpfull allright, but they could be a little more precise with the information given.

Anyway, note down the day: 24/01/13.

I'll be posting any progress made.............

PaschTablis

Jan 9, 2013
It's the 27th of March and I still have no tablet in hands....close to the end of February, I was emailed that they finally got my tablet via mail (the postage costed more than 30 Euros) and they were going to forward it to their technical department and then to the Ployer factory. Sometime before the middle of March, I received one more email that surprised me - there was no way for a repair to be performed, so they were offering me credit of the 70% of the tablet's value. That was about 130 US $ or 100 Euros to collect or to use fro ordering other products. Amazing?...hadn't seen that coming as an option for my poll...On my turn, I asked for a discount coupon to use when placing an order for 2 tablets, only to receive an answer saying that no coupon was available and I should proceed with ordering the products minus the credit! Their billing system guides me through Paypal and/so there is no way to fix the amount you pay!

It's been almost two weeks I wait for a reply, since I asked me to send me the amount back, and then I'll place the order at full cost....:mad: