Most Games Give Error: "Unfortunately,(Game) Has Stopped"

tresdezara

Aug 3, 2015
I'm using an Asus MeMO Pad FHD 10 model number ME302C with android version 4.3. Every time i launch a game it gives that error as the game tries to launch. the games wont even start they just immediately give the error. Some of the games that do this include Tower of Heroes, Crusader Quest, Terra Battle, and You Must Build A Boat. Some games that do work include Tap Titans, Ascension, and Puzzle and Dragons. Terra Battle worked when i tried playing it a few months back and Crusader quest will go to a black screen saying "loading" for 20-30 sec then give the error. I have tried clearing cache, rebooting tablet, reinstalling, resetting app preferences and even a factory reset.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Did those games that don't work all come from the Google Store? I ask because there are issues with apps designed to run on an ARM processor and you have an Intel Atom processor which is known to to be buggy with many apps and totally incompatible with some..

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you are having issues with that many apps installed from the Store my best suggestion would be to cut to the chase and do a factory reset. It doesn't sound like any amount of cache cleaning, which would be my normal suggestion, is going to work.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Then all hope is lost. j/k

The only other thing I can imagine is that one of the apps you have is interfering with the others. That could be just about anything, including but not limited to your security app if you have one.

There is only one way to rule out the tablet as being the problem. Do a factory reset and DO NOT sync with Google when you set it back up. Then install the apps one at a time and test them with that stock OS, maybe even the worst one you're using now first. Test until satisfied it works OK then go to the next one. I know, it's a pain. ;)

tresdezara

Aug 3, 2015
when i did the reset i didn't let it sync (i think) then all i did was a few of the updates for the apps already on the system like chrome and google play. after that i tried crusader quest and it still wouldn't launch. tried to clear cache and data and that didn't help. uninstalled that then tried YMBAB and same thing. Ascension still works though. and as far as i know i don't have a security app unless the tablet comes with one installed.