Mother of all Bricks. lol will DONATE to anyone that can help with this BRICK problem

gtabletnoob

Dec 6, 2011
Ok I think I have the BRICKS of all bricks, I have googled and checked every forum but no answers. I tried to join the xda forums its been almost 24 hours and they have not even sent me the confirmation email so i can post in the forums.

so heres the run down. I did something really STUPID. I flashed my gtbab with vegan tab. I liked it but decided that I wanted to have the original gtablet software instead. fine. i found the websites with instructions on how to do it and through CMD I installed the original stock rom, exceptttttttttttttt. I THINK I might have used the wrong boot version. so now I cant access CMD to re upload the rom and anytime I restart the tablet it just stays bricked on the viewsonic logo. So then i try to access CMD and it says "recovery etc etc" but it never gets into the recovery menus. SO if i cant acess the menu. my computer will not recognize the device and i wont be able to access it. I think this is the worse brick in the world, I dont see a fix for this. unless I open the tablet some hwo find the SD card and load the sd card into a reader. Correct? I dont think puting an external card will do anything.

Any of you gurus think you can help me out with this issue. ? like i said ill donate :). even tho I think this is the mother fo all bricks and can not be fixed. even if you say nv flash? how will i nv flash it if i cant access CMD? or have a way for my compu to read it. since it wont go into recovery or the os.

any help would be HIGHLY appreciated. thanks

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
Have you tried fastboot? There should be a button combo to get there. Also,do you have cwm installed? I have a coby tablet that has gotten stuck on the coby logo before,and I was able to access cwm and restore a backup.

gtabletnoob

Dec 6, 2011
yeah i do the combo and it says "recovery detected etc etc" but then it just freezes there it does not go. so i have no access to any of that

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
You need to Nvflash back to stock and everything will work again. Let me work on a link to a recovery thread. I'll update in a few

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/17150-recovery-nvflash-full-restore-using-either-11-or-12-based-images-g-tablet/

Read over that thread and you'll be back up in no time. NVflash is the best tool for the gtab.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Update: added slatedroid link

Last edited:

gtabletnoob

Dec 6, 2011
You need to Nvflash back to stock and everything will work again. Let me work on a link to a recovery thread. I'll update in a few

[RECOVERY] nvflash FULL restore, using either 1.1 or 1.2 based images - [G-TABLET] - SlateDroid.com

Read over that thread and you'll be back up in no time. NVflash is the best tool for the gtab.

Update: added slatedroid link

thank you for taking the time to answer me. will nvflash read my tablet even if it cant access recovery ? it will not go to cmd, or to the os just the logo.

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
thank you for taking the time to answer me. will nvflash read my tablet even if it cant access recovery ? it will not go to cmd, or to the os just the logo.

Yes, with the driver for your PC installed you enter a different mode (power + volume down) then plug the tablet into the PC with a USB cable. Once you learn NVFlash its just about impossible to brick the gtab.

All the answers are in the thread link I posted.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

gtabletnoob

Dec 6, 2011
Yes, with the driver for your PC installed you enter a different mode (power + volume down) then plug the tablet into the PC with a USB cable. Once you learn NVFlash its just about impossible to brick the gtab.

All the answers are in the thread link I posted.

thank you. So the power volume down is a different mode correct? As opposed to the volume and power up I do to get to cmd?

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
Yes that will take you to a different mode. I don't know much about the gtab so I am not sure which mode.

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
thank you. So the power volume down is a different mode correct? As opposed to the volume and power up I do to get to cmd?

Its APX mode, I think that's the correct name. Just review the disaster recovery at slatedroid carefully and follow the directions roebeet has and you can restore 1.1 or 1.2 stock software. A link to the windows driver is also in the thread.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
it puts it into APX mode, which gets it ready for NVFlash. From there if you do an NVFlash you can correct the whole shebang, even if you put a 1.2 ROM on a 1.1 device or vice-versa.

It is an invaluable process to learn as it fixes almost anything software related to the g-Tablet.

gtabletnoob

Dec 6, 2011
Well thanks to all of you for your help and the moderator who offered for me to ship it to him for it to get fixed. Adelamarc was the first answer that got it to work for me. I had actually read those links before but instead of hitting volume down and power i was hitting volume up and power. So yeah thats what I get for speed rushing. Thank you guys for your quick answers :) I almost considered opening up the g tablet and taking out the sd some how lol

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Well thanks to all of you for your help and the moderator who offered for me to ship it to him for it to get fixed. Adelamarc was the first answer that got it to work for me. I had actually read those links before but instead of hitting volume down and power i was hitting volume up and power. So yeah thats what I get for speed rushing. Thank you guys for your quick answers :) I almost considered opening up the g tablet and taking out the sd some how lol

Nice to hear you were helped by the members here. There is a good lesson in slowing down and not rushing to do things. I have frequently seen people do what you almost did and rush off to try a fix they read about or think might work to correct something they thought they did wrong in the first place only to make matters worse.

SLOW DOWN people and ask for help. There are great people here who will do as much as they can to help you. If you aren't sure about something ask before making a small problem a big one ;)

JP

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011

Glad to year you got it fixed :)
Good advice from JP too