Move Apps to microSDHC = no longer work

rockdawg

Apr 19, 2011
Since this device supports up to 32GB microSDHC, I figured I could move apps I installed to the external memory. I have a 16GB chip in there now with about 8GB of music, books and videos already on it. I have installed quite a few apps and since I can't figure out how to direct the installation process to install to the external memory, I have to use some other app to move it over. I used the default 'application manager' and 'successfully' moved the apps over. However, within a day or so, the new installed and moved app, ceases to work and gives me a "force close" error. I then tried an app called "App 2 SD Pro". Same result. So what gives?

Can apps not be installed and/or moved to the external memory of these devices? Please note, that I have not moved any apps pre-installed on the device to the external mem. The option is not selectable anyway for most of those.

EDIT: I have to uninstall the app and reinstall it and it works fine ... until I move it to the external memory.

Last edited:

plemme

May 16, 2011
Get root explorer its free. Open it and select mnt. The you will see all your storage. SD SD external and USB external. Long press any in file copy then paste to where evr you want SD to exr SD etc ... hope your running android.3.0. PL

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

plemme

May 16, 2011
About explorer being free my bad. 3$ and change on and market

rockdawg

Apr 19, 2011
Get root explorer its free. Open it and select mnt. The you will see all your storage. SD SD external and USB external. Long press any in file copy then paste to where evr you want SD to exr SD etc ... hope your running android.3.0. PL

Thanks. I don't have a problem seeing or viewing my 16GB microSDHC external card. I can read my books, listen to my music and watch movies that are all on the storage card. I've even downloaded app files to the card and installed them from there. What I can't seem to figure out is how to either install future apps directly to the card or why when I move installed apps from the device to the external card, they cease to work. And no, the Kyros 7024 doesn't have Android 3.0.