Moving apps to SD card

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
Assuming that it allows it, are there any problems or issues moving and running an app from the SD card? I have a 16GB card coming and plan on moving as many apps as I can to the card. I realize that the apps will not be available if the card is removed.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Nope, no issues if supported. this is actually something that there are several threads on, please use the search function. There are also apps available from the Market to enable this.

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
Thanks ..did a search and see lots of threads on this. Just wondering if there was anything Visio specific.

Jtpboy

Sep 19, 2011
I have used manage Apps to move Apps to sd on my droid x and my vtab every since I got them. I never thought there was a good enough reason to download an app to do this for me. But I read somewhere that on the vtab the Apps really were not moving to the sd card but only to the 2.4g user portion of the memory. I hadn't had any issues with running out of space before today so I downloaded apps2sd and found that yes indeed the Apps are not moving to my 32g sd card and I am actually outof free space.

This is a huge issue. What the heck good is the sd card if the device cannot use it?

Is Vizio going to address this any time soon?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

kincer

Oct 10, 2011
I have also tried moving apps with different methods and nothing has worked, it says it moved but its not, so yes this an issue that needs to be resolved. I think its the reason why DroidTv Primetime wont work either, its supposed to download to the memory card but it doesnt.

jhaynes1230

Oct 7, 2011
This I precisely what I was posting about last week and the responses I kept getting indicated no one really understood the real issues. Moving apps to the sd card whether you use the manage apps or a utility do not move apps to the external folder and external micro sd card. I'm completely out of space for apps even though I have over 30gb available be on my sd. All I can use the sd card for is for storing media files.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

rf1

Oct 17, 2011
Yes, Vizio's external sdcard access is very broken.

Makes the unit much less useful. Not ready for prime time.