Multiple USB devices.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
On a lark, I plugged my Acer into the USB input port of a USB hub.

Then I plugged a USB drive, a keyboard and a mouse into the hub.
They all worked perfectly.

When I plugged in a camera (as the second USB storage device) I couldn't access it.
So apparently you can only use one device of USB Storage at a time.

Still, if you have a keyboard with a couple USB slots on the back for a mouse and a USB Thumb drive, this could make a pretty cool home-made docking station.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Confirmed! I did it with a Targus usb hub that has 4 usb ports on it. I just plugged in a usb keyboard, a usb thumb drive (which I typically keep in the Acer usb slot) and a usb mouse. I wish I could think of something else to plug into that fourth port.

Well done, Ice.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
On a lark, I plugged my Acer into the USB input port of a USB hub.

Then I plugged a USB drive, a keyboard and a mouse into the hub.
They all worked perfectly.

When I plugged in a camera (as the second USB storage device) I couldn't access it.
So apparently you can only use one device of USB Storage at a time.

Still, if you have a keyboard with a couple USB slots on the back for a mouse and a USB Thumb drive, this could make a pretty cool home-made docking station.

Im actually surprised! I kinda figured that you could only accessone storage device at once (there is only one usb_storage on 3.1, so that kijda explains why), but the fact that it can read a mouse and keyboard PLUS a storage device is amazing to me. First, I just didnt expect this tabletto read more than one usb device at a time, but second, I didnt think the usb had enough power. Was your hub externally powered, and if usb powered, did it drain your battery pretty fast?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
On my case the hub was externally powered.

This doesn't seem like a big deal breaker, because anywhere i would use a keyboard and mouse i will have a plug in for the hub or the tablet itself.

Last edited: