music files not being displayed correctly

cbjdriles

Nov 29, 2011
I purchased the VTab over the weekend and thus far I have been quite happy with it. So far one thing has me scratching my head about it. I have installed a SD card with music files transferred to it from my computer. When those files are displayed on the music app, the names are blocks, digits and characters, not the actual names. :confused: I first copied the files directly onto the SD card while plugged into my computer. I then deleted them all, plugged the sd card into the tablet and connected the tablet to the computer to transfer files via Windows Media Player. No change. I downloaded Winamp onto the tablet and it also displayed the files the same way. I plug in the SD card into my phone and the phone displays the files correctly. Any idea what the cause and fix is??
Thanks in advance for your help.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
This sounds like the music app is not reading the tags properly. What language are you using? Can you check to see what character encoding your tags are using?

Have you tried downloading another music app from the market to try?

EHokie

Nov 4, 2011
I had this issue at first, but found that none of my MP3 files had this problem, just WMA. It's still frustrating though...

southsound

Dec 3, 2011
I am having the same problem with .wma files. The .mp3 files show up just fine in the artists, albums, and song listings. The .wma information gets scrambled. These same files show up properly on my PC using Media Monkey, on a Creative Zen player, and on my iPod Touch. I have tried several other player apps and get the same results. Media Monkey shows the files as having the proper tags. Is this a problem with just the VTab or with other Android 2.3 tablets?