my Archos 10.1 8gb says its connected to internet but isnt

bluebirds608

Oct 14, 2012
I have had my archos now for almost a year it has been sent back twice.. second time they said it was my charter connection .. I bought a 2 year service contract and they are treating me like I dont know anything and just sending it back ... It works at McDonalds, library, Culvers, Coffee Shop, at were my Mom was in Hospic. hospital.. everywhere but in my own home.. I am disabled and cant afford to go out and get a another tablet ... and I did like this when it works... but just not sure what to do anymore... Archos isnt being very kind...they put me thur to there surpervisor and she was just rude.... I am sorry.. I spent the money for it. I spent the extra money for the 2 year plan.. and when you are disabled and not getting around I wish it would just work... I have been nice in hopes it will get fixed.. but now I am at my end....help please... I have a router lynx thru charter internet.. my laptop works fine.. but tablet.. will work... then said I was connected but it shows I am connected... I heard something about different channels on the router wil this help and will it bother my laptop as it is old... any help and communication is appreciated :(

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Sorry you have had so many problem but it doesn't sound like it's the tablet. There are quite a few things that could be keeping you from getting connected, all having to do with the router or WiFi portion of the router. My experience with the Charter modems is that you don't have much control over the configuration. The first thing I would try would be to power off the modem for 30 seconds then power it back up and try again. If you had a router between you and the modem it might be just a little easier to diagnose.

I assume you have a secured connection, in which case you may want to find the connection in settings - WiFi and tap it. Tell it to forget and try connecting again. If those things don't work, you may want to input fixed IP info in the WiFi settings.

Gave you plenty to do for the moment. Report back on these questions and what errors you get.

bluebirds608

Oct 14, 2012
Thank you soooooooooooooo much.. I have been reading this forum... this morning I unpluged the router then after about a min I plugged it back in... and low and behold.. my tablet get the internet working again.. and to think Charter was going to charge me $75.00 to come out cause they couldnt fix it over the phone... lol
Thank you much.. so much more to read and see what else is available to do.. thanks again

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Thank you soooooooooooooo much.. I have been reading this forum... this morning I unpluged the router then after about a min I plugged it back in... and low and behold.. my tablet get the internet working again.. and to think Charter was going to charge me $75.00 to come out cause they couldnt fix it over the phone... lol
Thank you much.. so much more to read and see what else is available to do.. thanks again

Now you owe me $75 :p

Glad to hear it's working. Sometimes it's the simple things, which is a good thing.