My challenge navigating recently rooted Nook Tablet

80yearold

Feb 11, 2012
To begin with I am older then dirt and comprehension is not as good as it once was. As a matter of information I had local IT guy root
this tablet. He was not there on Sat. when I picked it up so consequently no introduction from him. Probably more then u need to know so pardon an old man.
So here are my challenges I go to a site with android apps and each one I click on gives me there are no android phones associated with
this account. Please sign in with a different account. Additionally in attempting to sign in to android market I am recognized by my gmail account and not my google account which I do have. Since I had a 2nd party do this is there a way to check that it is in fact rooted and if so please advise my best course action in light of what I have said. If you need more info and I am able to give it I will. Thank you

Temetka

Oct 10, 2011
I see its been a while since you posted this. Were you able to get your problem solved?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The fact that you have Google Market app indicates you are rooted (or are you trying to access it through the browser on the Nook?). Try signing out of the account on the Nook and don't sign back in. The go into Settings>Apps>All app and find Market touch it and then clear data. Do the same thing for Google services framework. See if you can log into Market using your gmail on a computer. Once verified that you have market access use the same account and sign in through Settings>Accounts and sync. Then launch the market app and see if you are in business.