my gallery is empty :( where is my photos and videos PLEASE HELP

danlemon33

Jun 12, 2012
hello, I hope someone can help me, two days ago my tab to connect my pc to transfer videos were all normal but when entering the gallery was empty there was nothing no photos or videos and if I check from the PC or from star no files within folders video or photos, can someone explain me what did happen? apps are intact butnot I have nothing in the gallery, please someone can help me ... (there are no. nomedia)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi there and welcome to the forum

First suggestion, restart your tablet. If that doesn't work go to the Store and install Rescan Media and see if that helps. I'm assuming you can see that the files are there, somewhere, using a file manager

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Thanks for joining us Dan.

What format are the movies? I think Gallery can only see .mp4 movies.

danlemon33

Jun 12, 2012
were all mp4, but the gallery is completely empty no photos taken with the camera or downloaded ... in the status of the specified tab if there is there 1.2GB of photo and video, but not in any folders

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Try downloading ES File Explorer, free from the market, navigate to the folder and use the ES image viewer, which is built in to ES File Explorer. This should work.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Try downloading ES File Explorer, free from the market, navigate to the folder and use the ES image viewer, which is built in to ES File Explorer. This should work.

Yep, this. Except when you touch the image file you want to open, it should ask you what you want to use to open it with. You can also choose the Gallery if you want (instead of ES). Once you do this Gallery should recognize the location of the image files and the next time you enter the Gallery app it should show all your image files.

JP

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
were all mp4, but the gallery is completely empty no photos taken with the camera or downloaded ... in the status of the specified tab if there is there 1.2GB of photo and video, but not in any folders
Try browsing to the folder called DCIM because that is where all photos taken with the A500 camera is stored. You may find them in there.

If DCIM doesn't exist then it has been deleted. The only option left is to try a recovery app or program to find it or whats left of it.

juhni

Dec 5, 2011
Download and try quickpic from the play store. Its much better than the stock gallery.

danlemon33

Jun 12, 2012
thank you very much for all your help nothing worked and check all the folders and there is no videos or pictures I think I gave up for lost, even as I am about to sell and buy another tab, any opinion on the galaxy tab 2 of 10.1 inches

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
no full sized USB port.

Yeah and they have the same problems. Check out the forum.

danlemon33

Jun 12, 2012
hi all just found out the cause of why my photos and videos disappeared, is a kind of virus that has my sdcard, I did a test with varioas photographs that had inserted into the memory all appeared well but duplicate files, connect to my tab pc and saw that there was all repeated but there were two. exe files with the name of one of my files that I deleted the files and I went to remove all empty gallery, the strange thing is that norton did not detect any malware .... I hope someone can tell me remove this virus as the card because when I try to delete some duplicate capeta tells me that the device has stopped ... thanks for your comments and I hope someone knows of this virus

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It wouldn't be EXE files causing a problem on your tablet, so also not likely an Android infection, if I understood your last post. Put the card in a card reader and try on your PC with good AV protection. I think, among other things, you card is seriously corrupted or damaged.